30 something who sits at a desk all day

Options
New here looking to lose fat then tone up. Needs friends.
Good day.

Replies

• dinglekerri
    Options
    same 30 something desk deal here - luckily i walk up three flights of stairs to get to that chair behind my desk each morning. Otherwise the whole work day would lack all activity - (haha) Glad to help cheer you on during your MFP journey!
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    New here looking to lose fat then tone up. Needs friends.
    Good day.

Ditto... Well... 20 something, but not for long...
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Tip number 1: start drinking lots of water/cups of tea so you have a reason to get up to either get them or to go to the bathroom
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have a fantastic user name and I love the background in your photo!

My best advice is find an exercise you can enjoy. For myself, I despise cardio, but I will lift weights all day long. You'll stick to it better and get better results if you're not hating it every step of the way.
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    This is a good place to come, stick with it and you'll see some pretty good things come your way!
    The site offers a lot of support, and there's always someone willing to help you if you should crash!
    It happens to everyone, but with determination and being consistent you should see some improvement
    within a few short weeks! do get a good start, after a week or so, you'll start Just remember, you get out what
    what you pick in! Lyn
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Just send you a friend request:smile: stick with it and I hope you will find the site helpful towards your goals
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and have a sedentary desk job (IT field). I work in a skyscraper semi-weekly and take the stairs EVERYWHERE! As per my FitBit One, I did the equivalent of >100 floors on Thursday. On the 3 days a week that I work from home, I deskmill (use a homemade treadmill desk) whenever feasible (e.g. no meetings, more reading vs. writing/typing, etc.)
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Welcome ????feel free to add
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    Tip number 1: start drinking lots of water/cups of tea so you have a reason to get up to either get them or to go to the bathroom

This is exactly what I do!

I'll be 31 in a week and have a desk job... I take ANY excuse to get up. Rather than going and pulling a stack of files, I'll pull them individually. I go get water pretty often as well, and I try not to combine trips. And any reason I get to go the accounting office as well... lol.

Anyone who'd like to add me can do so.
  • Jonny_Five
    Options
    That's funny, I work on the 3rd floor too. I try to take every time! Thanks for the support!
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    pretty much sums me up lol well not really but I am 36 and I do sit at a desk all day =)
  • estellenagel106
    Options
    Hahaha me too. But I do have a personal trainer now, so do 2 x hectic cardio sessions a week and occasionally jump on the exercise bike!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And that's exactly what I am :) I wish I had steps to take advantage of, but the most I can do is park at the farthest end of the parking lot every day. I work in customer service, so I am tied to my phone all day which makes it hard to get up and make trips somewhere. I love the comment about getting lots of water and tea, I totally do that!
    I'll send you a request, and good luck with your goals!
  • NattyJayne1991
    NattyJayne1991 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    22 and sits at desks all day too! Feel free to add me if you'd like? :)
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    30 year old, desk job in a snack filled office, ballooned from a size 4 to a size 16 in the past 14 months. Our age and activity level is a deadly combination, isn't it?
  • shepd1999
    shepd1999 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    33 years old and desk job. Since I have an hour lunch I have started to walk two miles everyday on my lunch hour. I would love to add anyone that wants to help keep me motivated.
  • capstarblue
    capstarblue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! I do try to walk on my lunch break at least a mile. :) Please add me if you like.:smile:
  • fattymcbuttrpants
    Options
    not quite yet 30... but definitely sitting at a desk all day!!
  • jbuck93
    jbuck93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

^^^ This helps a lot. Also, little things like standing when talking on the phone.
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm in my late 30s and have a desk job (also on the 3rd floor). I take the stairs up to see my colleagues on other floors as often as possible. I also make sure that I walk around my floor several times a day to stretch my legs.

Feel free to add me.