Out for dinner - Help me choose what to eat!

Options
I've narrowed it down to 4 options. Which do you think would be healthiest?

1) blackened chicken sandwich with a fruit cup side
2) portabello mushroom sandwich with a fruit cup side
3) turkey platter with baked potato and steamed veggies (probably add side salad)
4) roast veggie quesadilla (probably add side salad)

Replies

• Kezzarama
    Options
    Yumm it all sounds lovely! but i'm thinking the turkey platter sounds the healthiest, but they all sound reasonably healthy! just don't add chips! ENJOY :happy:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    #3 is what I would order
  • Jozie236
    Jozie236 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So what did you get? (I also would've opted for 3 ~ with the side salad, and a glass of red wine)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Turkey!!!!! But what did you have?????
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Turkey!!!!! But what did you have?????
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I stay away from all sandwiches when I eat out because they typically only offer white bread . . . yeuch! I would probably go for #3, the turkey, but if #4 had some protein I would actually choose that first!
  • lessjess1
    lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone yet! LOL. Looks like the majority is ruling on the turkey dinner though, so thats probably what I'll get. Should probably only eat half of my baked potato....

The veg quesadilla does have cheese I'm sure, so that would be protein.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i'd choose option 4 with the side salad. :) yum!
  • Jolauer
    Jolauer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the website of the restaurant you're going to. A lot of them give nutritional info now. I've found nutritional info just by doing a search too. Don't know how accurate all of it was, but at least it gave me some guidelines. Enjoy whatever you eat!!!
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...if you go for #1 be sure to specify no mayo. I love portobello 'shrooms, but grilled veggie sandwiches from restaurants can be calorific because they often soak the veggies in oil prior to grilling/roasting to make them taste better. If you do the turkey, you can order the baked potato with no sour cream/butter (or ask for it on the side you you can control how much you use). Baked potatoes are also great with salsa on top instead of oily sauces. I would say watch out for quesedillas-- between the tortillas and the cheese, they're often quite high in fat, and again, this is a case where a restaurant can use a lot of oil on the grill to crisp it up. Plus, they're often huuuuuge.

Good luck! I would probably do #1 myself, but the turkey also sounds good.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'd go with #3. On the baked potato, make sure they don't slather it with butter...I always douse it with A1 sauce. Though it does have a good bit of sodium in it, there's no fat and almost no calories! Good luck!
  • sylphlike
    Options
    I would definitely pick #3, and yes have a side salad but be careful about the dressing. ...a tsp or so of olive oil and either
    lemon wedges or vinegar would be my choice. You could add a shake of parm. without any bad results! Good luck. I never find it hard to go out to eat as long
    as I'm concious of the preparation and talk to the waitress.