How do you find your motivation?

Options
So since I threw out my back a week ago, it's been hard for me to get back on track with exercising. I've also been slipping on my eating little by little. I can't fail again. I don't want to fail again.

So how can I get my motivation back? Can some of you share some ideas that help you get your motivation back when you fall off track? Thanks

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Motivation for me comes with wanting to be healthy for my family, for wanting to look good in my clothes, for wanting to feel better and not be so sad all the time.

I've had several injuries since starting to workout again(back, knee, now strained ankles and calves)...just ease back into it.
  • nhanson62493
    Options
    think of the weight that you have lost already, i know it is hard I am where you are at the present moment. I have been away for 2 weekends and people say dont you look great have you lost weight which makes you want to lose more. Come on you can do this.

Natalie
  • amstein18
    Options
    i try on clothes that i used to be able to fit into nicely & look at what a hot mess i look like in them now... that snaps me right out of my slump
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It is hard for me to say what really gets me motivated. Probably my fear of dying from some weight caused illness. Something that is totally avoidable. Reading the posts on here helps me a lot too! Just keep doing what you can, take it a step at a time and dont lose heart! We are here to help you!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I remember how hard I worked to get where I am today. I can't give up because I am too stubborn and all that hard work would have been for nothing. I have been in a plateau for 4 months. Had shin splints and ran anyways for 3 months. And now I currently have calf pain that hurts so much I can't stand up straight. You just keep going rain or shine.
  • pittmnjen
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everybody. I think I just needed a little push. :happy: