C25k trouble with diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Chellebear01
    Chellebear01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    First off CONGRATS on starting the C25K program. As a runner who is beginning to run again after 13 years please do not get discouraged. Running is effective for weight loss and your calories seem on par, try a small snack about 30-45 minutes before your run. Another thing you can try is a 60/40 mix of either juice and water or sports drink and water. I am a runner who must drink during a run, so I mix it up. I always have water with me and if I know I will be going longer than 30 minutes I take either a 50/50 mix or the 60/40 mix with me. I prefer Powerade as Gatorade gives me heartburn. When using juice I use a light juice and make sure it is 100% juice.
    Are you doing any sort of cross training? If not I would add in a day of cross training with either free weights or resistance bands at home or the gym. Also yoga is great for cross training as well in my opinion as it helps to loosen tight muscles.

Also do not just use a scale or calorie counter to tell you how you are doing. Take your measurements and then retake them at set intervals. How you feel and how your body changes should be the true test of if the program you set is working for you.

Best of luck on your training and upcoming race.
  • extrabusy
    extrabusy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support, I am back to running and I'm almost done with week 7. I have stopped counting calories as much, and my diet still needs to be improved, but my bridge run is 8 days away, so I will focus more on it then.

I think the weather was what actually got me, spring just started down here and it was the warmest day we've had since I started running. The weather is cooling down again and I've had no problems, I actually had a PB of running over 2 miles and running for 25 mins with only a very small break after a very big hill.

Thank you again, you have all been so amazing and supportive and your advice has been wonderful.