Wii Just Dance

Options
Hi, Does anyone know how to add Just Dance to the exercise data base?

B

Replies

• jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    There should be a "add new exercise" button on the (right?) bottom of the screen. I added E.A. Active to mine because it's not in the database. You should be able to put in the time and how many calories you've burned.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    is it any good?
  • jennidc
    Options
    The wii is great for days when I get to 10pm at night and realise I have not exercised today.

I like to do something every day so the wii is great.

I have ea's active trainer, wii fit, wii fit plus and just dance which are all good.

I'm planning on getting kinect for the 360 when it comes out with dance central and ea's fitness game (although your shape has kick boxing so might wait for reviews).

Still love the real gym and pool though as I can burn 950 calories in 90 minutes there where as half an hour on the wii fit is around 250 calories if you do the aerobic stuff.

My favourites on Wii Fit Plus are - rhythm boxing, jogging plus, the chicken game, step plus and obstacle course
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I add it under Dancing, general, but if you have a heart rate monitor, then you can create the exercise.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You need a heart rate monitor to knmow how many cals burned on Just Dance. I too have it and Wii Fit Plus. I love Rythmn Boxing, Free Step and Free Run the most but the strength exercises are good for my balance! I have done Just dance for fun but have not worn my HRM!
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    How do I know how many calories I burnt?
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    They dont have a calorie counter on this site for Wii Music either, but I use it constantly. I just got Wii fit a week ago and I have alot of fun with yoga and balance games. I also got a new Yorkie to walk with me but she sometimes halts and wont walk much (polly cuz she is only four months old)! For the Music program I just select Wii bowling and I think its probably the same amount of calories as bowling.274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jennidc
    Options
    I found this article on wii games and calories burnt.:
    http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/wii-calories.htm/printable

I would say just dance probably uses around 100 calories for 15 minutes play - so if you play for an hour you have earned a rather nice 400 calorie bonus whilst enjoying yourself.

As others have said it depends on your height/weight etc.

To add calories burnt you could make it harder for yourself by using wrist and leg weights or just choosing faster songs.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sell the wii get a 360 and kinect with sports, your shape and dance central, so much more a workout then the wii

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjvOd7fvYj4