Saying goodbye to gas station cappucinos :(

Options
I've never been a big coffee drinker (for years I had a giant soda every morning which of course added to my weight drastically) but over the past couple of years I have grown to love gas station French Vanilla Cappucino. The ones where you hold down the button and it is so obviously full of fake crap that your body starts to crave it.

Since I started logging food yesterday and learned that 16 oz of one of these comes to almost 300 calories it looks like I need to start liking real coffee. Even with a creamer and 2 packets of sugar a cup of that will only come to maybe 100 calories as a high estimate.

Replies

• Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got a free frozen one and was shocked when I learned it was 750 calories!
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    You could make your own coffee with a drop of vanila flavour or a tiny bit of vanilla sugar in there and use super skinny milk then you are still able to enjoy vanilla coffees?
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That's how I felt when I saw how many calories were in a medium Caramel Frappe from McDonalds! I had it bad for those until I started logging! Now I might have one-once every couple of months. I still like them, but they are a big treat- not a staple!
  • SwellyStyles
    Options
    Why give up stuff you enjoy? Just fit it into your macros and don't have one every single day, hell you could even have one every if you wanted as long as it fits your allowances. I refuse to give up my creamy coffee's and haven't had any issues losing weight/maintaining I just make sure I fit it into my daily macros.
  • lindastearns562
    Options
    Even the sugar free and low fat cappucinos are full of calories and junk, best to find a healthier pick me up. Good Luck!!
  • francesldenton
    francesldenton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Regular coffee, splenda and two tablespoons of Fat Free half and half: 22 calories.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Starbuks has a new(ish) line of Light Frappuccinos. I get the medium (grande) size Mocha Frappuccino Light. It's 130 calories and it tastes the same as the non-light version to me. It's damn delicious.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my good coffee. I will work a Dunkin Donuts medium coffee with regular cream and regular sugar in everyday. It's so worth 150 calories. Maybe just have 8oz rather than 16oz if you enjoy it.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Definitely something I'll consider in the future as the journey progresses. My plan definitely isn't to give up foods I enjoy but to eat less of them and make smarter choices. One of those smarter choices as least for me for a while will be to stop drinking so many of my calories. I enjoy food much more than sugary beverages and would prefer my calories to have more wiggle room for foods.
  • wibblefps
    Options
    Give up cappucinos? Shoot me now. I'm on my fourth today and going for my fifth but then I'll be in the gym later so I don't mind too much. Having said that I use Canderel as a sweetner rather than sugar. Tried Splenda but that just messes up my blood sugar.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink coffee at all (switched to tea because of what it was doing to my stomach) but when I drank coffee the international delight flavoured coffee sweetners were amazing! Only 15 or so calories, lactose free if you need that, and many fun flavours.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Have a real cappuccino instead. The ones I have are under 100 calories. And taste WAAAAAAY better than something from a spout at a gas station.
  • SwellyStyles
    Options
    My plan definitely isn't to give up foods I enjoy but to eat less of them and make smarter choices.
    Right on, brother. One crucial element of working this program to success that people fail to realize is that you don't have to give up anything, literally. Just control portions and keep your caloric intake (Along with fats/protein/carbs) in check for the day. I love chocolate and eat it just about daily, just in a healthy and non-excessive way.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain.. I'm quite partial to them myself. Those and the Coffee Crisp hot chocolates.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. If I want a milk shake, I get an actual milkshake.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My plan definitely isn't to give up foods I enjoy but to eat less of them and make smarter choices.
    Right on, brother. One crucial element of working this program to success that people fail to realize is that you don't have to give up anything, literally. Just control portions and keep your caloric intake (Along with fats/protein/carbs) in check for the day. I love chocolate and eat it just about daily, just in a healthy and non-excessive way.

This.

I'm doing a hard cut right now... and I still make room for ice cream. I'd go crazy with out it. Granted I don't have a competition riding on it- it's for personal reasons- so I'm not as crazy with it- but yeah- nope- still eating at a huge deficit- and still eating ice cream.

Totally okay with it. :D