Anyone 55+ yr. olds doing Insanity?

Options
I'm in the second month, and will be doing Day 40 tomorrow. I'd love to connect up with some people who are in my age bracket, currently doing Insanity. :)

Replies

• eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Come on! Isn't there anyone out there who is the same age as me doing this? I certainly can't be the only one!!! :huh:
  • cmh7770
    cmh7770 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution which, quite frankly, is just as evil. :) . How are you doing with this? I love the workouts but have some issues with exhaustion vs eating back more calories, etc. trying to lose 25 lbs.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE the program. I've lost all the weight I wanted to lose, and I'm still losing. I've had to play with my calories quite a bit, and I'm trying to find the "perfect" intake that will allow me to maintain, and, ultimately, build muscle. This program has definitely sped my metabolism up; I'm now like I used to be when I was a teenager; I can pretty much eat anything, and it doesn't matter. I've had more "cheat days" in the past few weeks than I'd care to admit (I don't log everything on those days), and my smaller clothes are starting to fall off of me, and I'm noticing more lean muscle and less fat. The most important thing, though, is that I feel better than I've felt for years. It's great I've gotten in better shape, but the fact that I have more energy and better health is what really matters! When I first started Insanity, I found myself tired throughout the day; I realized I had to increase my calories, and once I did that, I felt fantastic. Perhaps that would help you out with Jillian Michael's program?
  • cmh7770
    cmh7770 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks! Sorry it took so long for me to respond to this post! You have had some awesome results! I have been struggling with losing30 lbs for some time now. I am always counting calories and working to be great at it but seem to have many "friggit" moments these days lol. I did, however, go on that scooby calculator and had a friend re-do my mfp calorie intake to up it to 1500. I am feeling somewhat better but still so damn tired a few hrs after workouts its ridiculous. Having blood work tomorrow but the truth is, I am thinking its just my body. I exercise almost everyday so that I can feel healthy and energetic and have a great quality of life... I am also struggling with that darn "meno - pot" that sits around my middle like a lazy cat in the summer sunshine! so I've upped my cardio with faster walks, some biking and a friend even gave me their total gym! Mixin it up with some Jillian michaels as well...but not on the same days lol. Anyhow I'd be curious to see how much you eat in a given day. Care to share your diary? Id love to get the same results. Also, please forgive this question..i cannot tell from your profile are you male or female? either way I value your opinion...thanks!