could i lose a stone in 6 weeks? Maybe a stone in a half?

Hi there,

Is this realistic? I weighed in at 160 pounds today! lost 5 pounds.

In 6 weeks time Id love to be around 147!!!!

Can anyone look at my diary or give me some tips????

Thanks peeps

xxxx

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Yes you probably could if you restrict your calories drastically, eat completely clean, exercise daily and drink gallons of water. But realistically you'll be loosing muscle mass and it will not be a sustainable loss. The more muscle your body has the higher your metabolism is, so crash dieting is not a good long term thing really. Its fairly counter productive. It's fat loss you need to concentrate on, though having said that you already look pretty slim in your profile pic? ;-) I do feel your pain though, I starting on mfp with exactly the same idea, loosing weight for my hols, I have lost 12 lbs but also gained a whole load of knowledge and changed my attitude to food and working out. No more quick weight loss plans for me. Never ever again! It just leads to yo yo dieting IMO.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    really it depends on how much you have to lose. you will probably not lose as much next week, as your body adapts. however setting a goal would help motivate, so even if you lose say half a stone in six weeks, you are still half a stone lighter!!
  • weighed in at 12 stone, would like to get to 10 and a half, im 11, 6 now....

All my weight is tummy bum and legs....
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    are you doing any exercise at all? could help speed up your weight loss. you are close to your goal weight, so probably half a stone more realistic in the six weeks- just remember, each loss is still a loss, no matter how little! it all adds up!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Personally I think it's an unrealistic goal and if you did lose that much weight it would be muscle as well as fat you'd lose. You can lose 2lbs a week but it's more likely to only be 1lb do I'd say in 6 weeks half a stone is a more achievable target.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    weighed in at 12 stone, would like to get to 10 and a half, im 11, 6 now....

All my weight is tummy bum and legs....

Weight loss won't fix this issue. Fat loss will fix this issue but requires overall body fat loss. To increase your body fat loss, estimate your TDEE, cut 20% and do 4 days of heavy weight training. If you do that combined with whole natural foods (to cut out sodium), you should be able to cut a few percent of fat. Now, since you are already fairly normal in terms of weight/fat (based on your picture and weight), it may be difficult to achieve the results you want within 6 weeks. The closer to a normal weight, the harder it becomes. Not something you want to hear, but it's reality.
  • How long would it take me to lose 12lbs? I weigh 144lbs and I'm 5ft 5. I have a bmi of 24
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Cut off any arm maybe a leg your choice, that would take a big chunk of weight off. On a searious note, no just no, you didnt put a stone and a half on in 6 week so you more certainly not be able to take it off in 6 weeks, specially being at a healthy weight already.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    How long would it take me to lose 12lbs? I weigh 144lbs and I'm 5ft 5. I have a bmi of 24

You should be aiming to lose 1/2-1 lb per week max. So 12 weeks. I would suggest though, start doing some heavy weight training with some cardio (along with your deficit) and not worry about weight. Try to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss will yield you the best results. So it's even possible you won't need to lose 12 lbs.
  • It's possible.
  • Losing 2.2 pounds per week is very doable, but it will take
    serious work to do it healthfully -- around 3 or 4 hours of
    exercise and a diet of (as a rough estimate) 1400 calories
    per day.