Three Day, Military Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen during deployments, the Army is the last place I would want to get nutrition advice from. I have never seen so many fat soldiers. I know other components have their share but the Army takes the cake.
  • cw6834
    cw6834 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    what is the military diet
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen during deployments, the Army is the last place I would want to get nutrition advice from. I have never seen so many fat soldiers. I know other components have their share but the Army takes the cake.

If it was on deployment, you probably saw 85% reservists. Just say'n.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Think....just think seriously for a moment....if there is anything that doesn't sound absurd about the "chemical reactions" between hot dogs and vanilla ice cream. If it sounds absurd, that's because it is. Any weight lost is on this is due to calorie restriction, which you can do with far more foods than Saltine crackers, hot dogs, and ice cream.

There is no need to restrict yourself to that bizarre, single combination of foods.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Wow a Three Day Military diet! Who comes up with this crap? I just retired after 20 yrs of Active Duty and have never seen or heard of a military diet. Does this mean eating MRE's or T-rations? Those are the only "military" foods I can think of.

These people use the word "military" freely to get people to try it. An average MRE contains at least 1200 calories each, so three meals and your at 3600 easy. So, I would stay away from this type of diet. You want a life style change not a 3 day quick fix.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    What military? Unless you are speaking of a Sniper, or one that is in the field under constant movement, THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

I am a PROUD veteran of the US Army, and former Medic. All you are reading is more bullsiht.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I think it looks like a good jump start. 5-8lbs in 3 days! heck ya I would stay motivated to exercise and eat healthier if I could lose that much right off the bat.

It's normally water weight and is gained back once the person starts eating normal.

I doubt it, I never gained the weight back. I also continued a exercise routine, and ate healthier as well. Its great as a jumpstart.

Doubt that it's water weight mainly? or what do you doubt? 5 lbs of fat is around 17500 Kcalories, are you telling me you were able to burn that much in 3 days?
  • alexchomik
    alexchomik Posts: 1
    Options
    It's NOT water weight @vtmoon...they encourage to drink very much water on the diet if you read the entire thing. This is real, the diet decreases most people's meal portions by close to 60% on top of combining foods that were paired up to boost metabolism, lower carb intake and start the fat burning process. I suggest you try it :P lol
  • Debatetheweight
    Options
    Doing this diet currently...I am on day one and I feel great! Worked out for about 45min and not hungry. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as smooth as today :happy:
  • jharvell
    jharvell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's 1200 calories day 1, 1100 calories day 2, and 850 calories day 3. So you're not starving yourself, just make sure you drink plenty of water too. You will feel hungry though because you only eat 3 times a day instead of small portions throughout the day.
  • pamelapare9
    Options
    FYI... I have been on this diet for 14 months. I have had to take a few weeks off here and there, but I have lost a total of 48 pounds, and I feel wonderful. I am at my goal weight. I still follow the diet 3 days a week, and enjoy my days off. Yes, I go up a couple of pounds sometimes during the days off, but I don't stress about it because I know all will be well when I go back on it. I do try to be reasonable on my days off, but I don't count the calories.

I have made slight adjustments to the diet which makes it healthier. I use whole grain crackers (ancient grains or Milton's multi-grain crackers. I buy organic whenever possible, even my hot dogs are organic chicken or beef. I did grow tired of the cottage cheese (1 cup is a lot at one time), so I did the crackers and cheese substitute. I also only eat Bryer's Carb Smart vanilla, and I add cinnamon to it and sometimes I sprinkle cocoa powder on it, too.

I have tried so many diets that I can't count them. Exercised myself to exhaustion. I've tried diet pills and hypnosis. I have always been a hearty, healthy eater, and an excerciser. Nothing else ever worked for me like this diet. I never feel guilty about anything I eat anymore. Yes, I still work out regularly and with my weight at goal I have fewer aches and pains and feel much younger and have more stamina than ever at 63.

I am not being paid to say any of this... I have passed this on to a few friends and they too have had success with this diet. I am just a retired teacher who wants to look and feel their best... and I accomplished that!! I have never had this kind of long term success on a diet... I can do this forever, and I will.

Good luck...
  • everydamnday28
    everydamnday28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    People need to understand that you are NOT starving yourself on this diet! Each day goes above 1,000 calories and you're getting a relatively balanced diet with a nice range of food selections (there are substitutions on their webpage). So, I don't want to hear it if people are shunning this diet because of hot dogs - THERE ARE SUBSTITUTIONS! If you're serious about losing weight, going down to 1,000-1,400 calories a day WILL NOT KILL YOU and WILL NOT SEND YOUR BODY INTO STARVATION MODE! Good lord.
    My one good friend lost around 70 pounds by doing this diet 3 days on, a few off (it varied) for several months. She ran a little bit here and there, but didn't exercise much aside from several small runs (1-3 mi) a week.
    I lost 3 pounds on the diet last week (with cheating…ugh, goldfish) and I'm on my third day of my second week. I've already broken 190lbs and I'm sitting at 188, I started working out/changing my eating habits at 199lbs (didn't wanna hit 200!). I gained about 40 pounds in a year and hope to get it all off with this diet.
    This is NOT bad for you like the maple-syrup-water cleanse, or any of those other HARMFUL diets! This diet is for the overeaters, the food addicts, the new dieters, those that don't have control and don't know their portions. ME! I cannot eat anything that isn't on the list for three days. I don't overeat on this diet. I'm not bloated on this diet. My salt/sugar cravings are taken care of on this diet. I have meals that incorporate nice, fresh food. I enjoy my bread and my ice cream on this diet. And I lose weight. Without starving or harming myself. What's not to like?