does 2 eggs really take you over your allowed cholestrol for

oxokatieoxo
oxokatieoxo Posts: 49
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
hey guys....so im on 1200 cals and went a bit over my protein for the day due to me eating 2 chicken fillets....for tea ive had a veg omlette and now im over my sodium, fat and cholestrol...does 2 eggs really that bad??!

Replies

• unfortunately two eggs is over half of your cholesterol for the day, assuming yours is set at 300 like mine is. On days that you eat eggs, if you're tracking cholesterol and are that worried about it, you really have to watch what else you eat cholesterol-wise. I think going over every now and then won't hurt you, just try to make sure you aren't doing it constantly.
  • I don't believe that two eggs can be very bad. I went to check what you did eat and I have my doubts about your cholesteral intake for an omelette. I eat every day two hard boiled eggs for the protein. :)
  • unfortunately two eggs is over half of your cholesterol for the day, assuming yours is set at 300 like mine is. On days that you eat eggs, if you're tracking cholesterol and are that worried about it, you really have to watch what else you eat cholesterol-wise. I think going over every now and then won't hurt you, just try to make sure you aren't doing it constantly.

Whoa. I just went to check what your diary said; if you only used two eggs, that omelete should NOT have 430 g of cholesterol. You might want to try logging all of your omelete ingredients seperately.
  • Di83
    Di83 Posts: 2
    Try having egg whites when you make egg scrambles at home, might help reduce cholesterol intake. If you usually have three eggs, have two egg whites and one egg (w/egg yolk).
  • Thanks guys....the egg input i used was from the database as i was being lazy and saw the calories were the same as my free range eggs so maybe I should actually input the egg as a new food myself.....doesnt say how much cholestrol in them on my egg box though? :(
  • Thanks guys....the egg input i used was from the database as i was being lazy and saw the calories were the same as my free range eggs so maybe I should actually input the egg as a new food myself.....doesnt say how much cholestrol in them on my egg box though? :(

2 eggs has 380-400 grams of cholesterol. Maybe you should try making the omelette using one whole egg and one just egg white. However, if you don't go over cholesterol that often, it won't hurt you to go over it on one day, so if you don't usually eat a lot of cholesterol, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    From numerous recent studies, consumed cholesterol does not impact cholesterol...but I heard deep fried cheese sticks do. :)
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    My cholesterol is good but I still eat one whole egg and 4 egg white omelets. Keeps the eggs from rotting in the fridge. And it saves a little fat.
This discussion has been closed.