30 Day Squat Challenge!

Options
I plan to start the 30 day squat challenge this evening after my usual workout. I am currently on day 8 of 30DS. I will be using the squat challenge from fitsugar.com.

Anyone want to join me on this butt kicking 30 day journey?? I'd love to have the support and feedback a challenge group offers!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    How much weight will you be squatting?
  • fitgemi
    Options
    I'll join in !
  • mayhem00
    Options
    I was planning on just doing basic squats but I think anyone that wants to use extra weight for resistance should be welcome to do so. Here is a link to the plan I will be following:
    http://www.fitsugar.com/30-Day-Squat-Challenge-30806625
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    First post ever D:

I just started that this morning. Over the course of several years I have lost about 45 lbs, the last 15 all thanks to MFP :). Now that I'm at my goal weight I want to start some sort of strength training....the booty I used to have has sort of "pancaked" if you will, lol, so I'm hoping this will at least help somewhat! We shall see....
  • KiaC1983
    KiaC1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm totally down to do this. I'll start tonight also.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i am finishing up a 30 day body weight squat challenge on Sunday. it was super fun (and challenging!).....i highly recommend it. for ME, it was more about proving to myself (at close to 300 lbs) that i really COULD do it and stick with it!

you guys can do it!
  • mayhem00
    Options
    Haha I am at the beginning of my journey but pancake butt has always plagued me! Hopefully this will help!
  • LilithElina
    LilithElina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Looks interesting! I'll see if I can get that started with my guy around...
  • mayhem00
    Options
    i am finishing up a 30 day body weight squat challenge on Sunday. it was super fun (and challenging!).....i highly recommend it. for ME, it was more about proving to myself (at close to 300 lbs) that i really COULD do it and stick with it!

you guys can do it!

Thanks for the motivation! I keep reminding myself that I am doing all of this for ME, no one else. And I think that's why I feel more empowered now!
  • aubyshortcake
    Options

you guys can do it!

That is quire impressive, congrats!
  • Fisherdh13
    Fisherdh13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the information. Best I've seen so far. I'll start tonight.
  • aubyshortcake
    Options
    One thing I was wondering..I've only recently reached maintenance weight so I'm still eating at a deficit while in the process of gradually increasing up to maintenance calories. While doing a challenge like this, should I keep doing what I'm doing or just bump up to maintenance calories now? Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a bajillion times, I'm just a fitness noob T.T
  • mayhem00
    Options
    One thing I was wondering..I've only recently reached maintenance weight so I'm still eating at a deficit while in the process of gradually increasing up to maintenance calories. While doing a challenge like this, should I keep doing what I'm doing or just bump up to maintenance calories now? Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a bajillion times, I'm just a fitness noob T.T

Great question! I wish I had an answer but being a fitness noob myself, I'm not so sure...
  • LaurieElla
    LaurieElla Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Okay Y'all .. I"m starting this with you! I love the fact that it is different types of squats as opposed to the same one over and over .. definitely think the booty will be in better shape!! :)
  • pauliie1986
    pauliie1986 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've just started this squat challenge. I'm hoping to finish it, even if it does take me a little longer than 30 days. I like the look of the fitsugar squat challenge as it mixes it up a little.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!

Dont forget to do plenty of LPHC/ knee/ankle mobility maintenance day to day! its vital!
  • mayhem00
    Options
    How's every doing so far? I'll be honest...I was sick all weekend (still fighting it today, ugh!) so I didn't start this until yesterday. But two days behind is better than never, right? The sumo squats (from fitsugar.com) were killer for me!
  • Carrera74
    Options
    I started 30DS over a month ago and had a weekend off and never started it again....

I need to get back on track, I DO NOT WANT TO BE CHUNKY FOR CHRISTMAS! So I am going to start this tonight, hope you don't mind me joining late..... :)
  • wellsy29a
    Options
    Started my 30 day challenge today. I like nice straightforward easy to understand routines like this to supplement other exercise.
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    I started my 30DS yesterday! I plan to do bodyweight for the first 30 days and go from there.