low cal breakfast

Options
Lyonsgurl
Lyonsgurl Posts: 22 Member
Does anyone have some new healthy breakfast ideas...not really a sweet breakfast kinda person and im not finding many healthy options

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Not sure how "low" you are looking. Frittatas are always easy things to make a head of time, and you can basically load up on the veggies with those. Or homemade breakfast burritos, you can make a bunch and freeze, then just grab and nuke and go.
  • makemeburn
    Options
    Oatmeal is healthy and it´s low on calories. If you are more hungry I recommend to have it with a fruit or/and an egg.
  • Lyonsgurl
    Lyonsgurl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i cant stop drinking my coffee and o fcourse have to have cream so that usually ends up being 150cals so i need a breakfast around 200-300 to keep my in line with my daily goal...but still want to feel like ive eaten more than an egg white
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    i cant stop drinking my coffee and o fcourse have to have cream so that usually ends up being 150cals so i need a breakfast around 200-300 to keep my in line with my daily goal...but still want to feel like ive eaten more than an egg white

Greek yogurt mixed with some high fiber cereal

Oatmeal made with milk instead of water (adds protein)

Cottage cheese & fruit .... or tomato

Make your own Egg McMuffin with a high fiber English muffin & a slice of reduced fat cheese. A low carb tortilla would be within your calories, add scrambled egg beaters and low fat cheese.
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been having 'mexican eggs' as i call them its basically scrambled eg whites with tomato , bell pepper, spring onions and Jalapenos and coriander.

I have it in half a pita pocket with chilli sauce and if i'm brave some low cal cheese.

Its lovely!

Or a mini tin of spaghetti hoops on a slice of toast.

both come in under 300 cals
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i have a dannon light and fit protein greek yogurt and a weight watchers string cheese every morning for breakfast on the weekdays because i am off to work. On the weekends I will make my own verision of an egg mcmuffin. or have a shake. (banana, milk, pb2, greek yogurt) mmmmm. or make an omelet of some sort.
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Two large eggs = 140 calories.
    Piece of toast = 80 to 120 calories, depending on the bread
    Dab of butter, jam, etc. on toast = 40 to 100 calories. depending on the spread

That's my breakfast almost every morning! Everyone thinks eggs are high in calories but they're not - it's all the crap people put in and on them that make them high in calories.
  • UNLESS19
    Options
    porridge (oatmeal) is a good option! i use almond milk to lower the cals of what i have or make it so i can have more! i also tend to have shredded wheat or wheatabix. whatever i have it's under 250 cal and that's with honey or fruit. Dried/sweetened banana is great to top things :)
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit and have the same thing every day. Everything bagel with full fat cream cheese and coffee. It comes to 355 calories, but keeps me going for hours.

I have also made overnight oats with Greek yogurt, almond milk and rolled oats. 1/3 cup of each and it's around 300 calories. You can add whatever fruits or seasonings you want as well.
  • RodeoRamsey
    RodeoRamsey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was a huge sweet loaded coffee drinker. I have (somehow??) managed to wean myself off loading up the sugar and hot chocolate mix in my coffee and have decreased my coffee drink cals from about 150 to about 60. I opt for the fat free version of whatever creamer I like (currently french vanilla) and only use 2 Tblspns per cup. Lets me eat more breakfast! :)
  • rduhlir
    Options
    Frittatas are about that, depending on what you put in it. I actually made one last night that was 180 calories per serving (made it meatless). Using half whole eggs, half egg whites will cut the calories, and then adding lots of vegetables will keep the calories down.
  • rduhlir
    Options
    I was a huge sweet loaded coffee drinker. I have (somehow??) managed to wean myself off loading up the sugar and hot chocolate mix in my coffee and have decreased my coffee drink cals from about 150 to about 60. I opt for the fat free version of whatever creamer I like (currently french vanilla) and only use 2 Tblspns per cup. Lets me eat more breakfast! :)
    Yeah I like sugar free ones. And if I feel it needs to be a bit more sweeter I add a drop of liquid stevia.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt (plain) with jam or fruit every morning for about 200-250 calories. Sometimes I also add 100 calories of nuts or granola
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. Eggs (hard-boil them ahead of time). Greek yogurt. Toast with some sort of nut butter. :bigsmile:
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I like scrambling an egg or two, along with spinach, onion, bell peppers, whatever type veggies I have on hand that sounds good, with just a sprinkle (less than a tablespoon ) of cheese. It's filling and fairly low cal and doesn't really take long to fix.
  • Solarian_13
    Solarian_13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs are a staple of my daily breakfast. Protein keeps me full and they're easy to take out the door if I'm in a hurry.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This for me is my awesome goto - Natures Path Hemp plus oatmeal: http://shop.naturespath.com/Hemp-Plus-Oatmeal/p/NPA-450337&c=NaturesPath@HotCereals. I toss in 14 grams of almonds (95 cals). I am wierd - I donlt like milk or sugar with oatmeal. I have fruit with it too. This gives me so much energy.

I also like smoothies - will have 1 cup plain almond milk (60 cal); serving of vanilla bean greek yogurt (80 cals); and serving (126 grams) of mixes berries (unsweetend) from costco - 70 cals. I ditch the almonds out of the oatmeal if I am having this and my breakfast is a completely satisfying 370 cals.
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    Options
    Currently - 4 oz of no-fat Chobani plain (70 cals) , 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (58 cals), 100 g of strawberries (32 cals) & a piece of low fat string cheese (50 cals) - 210 calories, keeps me going until lunch.

If you like yogurt you get way more by adding your own fruit to plain yogurt - less calories, way less sugar & if it's greek yogurt, more protein win - win - win

On the weekends I like to do 1/2 & 1/2 whole egg / egg white omelet with mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini, spinach (whatever veggie I have), a bit of cheese, two pieces of turkey sausage & a couple slices of bread. This will keep me well into the afternoon. You can do the egg mixture up into muffin tins and grab it to go during the week too.
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like a single serving of oatmeal. It is only 100 calories and holds me over until my mid-morning break/snack.

On the weekends, after I exercise, I like a bagel-thin (100) with an egg (70) no fat cheese slice (30) and SOMETIMES ONE piece of Thick Cut bacon (80) as a treat.
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1 egg + multiple egg whites with lean protein, or bacon. 2 slices only 80 cal.