Quick Healthy Foods For College Student

Options
I started attending the Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute in Minnesota this past July. Although I have not yet gained weight from being in a culinary school and eating the delicious food that is in every hall way and class room we enter, I am having a little trouble finding healthy foods that I can bring with me to eat during my school days.
I usually eat a S'mores pop tart every day, but I know that this is not very healthy with a total of 400 cals.
You are probably thinking " culinary student = easy snack ideas and recepies.
But with the limited budget that my roommates and I have it is not very easy to use our creative side at home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Replies

• MelisBee
    MelisBee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My favorite things to bring to school are applesauce, peach cups, and granola bars. Some times I'll also snack on goldfish or cereal.. Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    to university i love to bring:
    -mini yogurts
    -a handful of almonds
    -lots of fruit
    -veggies and hummus
    -small portions of cheese

i make sure i have lots of protein :)
    hope this helps!
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    buy whole wheat tortillas ( i can get mine for about $2 for 10) a tub of cottage cheese, and a veggie seasoning packet (one that you would use to make dip with) use a pizza cutter and cut a tortilla in to triangles or squares spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray, put triangles on cookie sheet spray over again with non stick spray sprinkle with salt cook for about 5-10 min at 350. Take the cottage cheese and put in blender add seasoning pack add a few tablespoons of water blend to make a dip. use the dip with your chips you just made. fiber from the tortilla will keep you full and the protein from the cottage cheese will help as well and you can use the dip as a veggie dip for celery, carrotts,etc. hope this helps
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I love wasa crackers..any flavor will do and I dip them in FF cottage cheese mixed with bottled hot sauce! Delicious. Or I mix a dried dressing packet with FF plain yogurt and dip carrots and celery in it....Both are full of fiber and protein to keep you full!