Healthy Lunches!

buggysmom06
buggysmom06 Posts: 18 Member
Anyone have some fresh new ideas on healthy lunches you can eat on the go that will keep satisfied? My go to has been lunch meat rolls and veggies but its getting old........

Replies

• ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    My go to lunch is a quinoa or lentil base with chopped onion, cucumber, tomato and herbs along with a little lemon juice or even olive oil if desired. I then top this off with smoked fish, crumbled feta, tinned fish or anything you fancy as long as you keep it within the calorie goal.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    Had an excellent take on tuna salad today:

4oz drained tuna
    40g avocado, smashed all to hell
    15g light mayo
    29g pickled beets, diced tiny
    1.5Tbsp dill relish (I didn't weigh due to lack of calories)
    A tiny pinch of salt
    A slightly less tiny sprinkle of nutmeg
    Mix it all together, plop it on top of a huge bed of spinach, throw some sliced sweet peppers and whole cherry tomatoes on top. Use the peppers/tomato for dipping, then whatever's left can be mixed up with the spinach. Nom.
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Can I just say that anything that calls for avocado smashed all to hell has got to be the perfect lunch?

I was on a hummus/veggie/wrap kick for a while, but yeah, it did get old.

I like making a large pan of grilled veggies on Sunday night, and dividing them among 5 bowls with a grain of choice and then grilling up kebabs that I also divide among the 5 bowls. You can change up the meat to be chicken or shrimp or beef or lamb. If you go with fish/shrimp, be sure to eat those earlier in the week.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    I've been getting into the habit of cooking extra basic ingredients on the weekends so I don't have to think about what to have through the week. Last week I took whole wheat couscous with grilled chicken, grilled vegetables, and a little Italian dressing. This week I had quinoa with grilled flank stead, grilled onions and peppers, spinach, and lime juice or salsa. I can switch things up every day just enough that I don't get bored with it, but I can still do most of the prep work and dishes all at once.