Body Weight/Convict Conditioning: Effective for Women?

Options
I'm really interested in the idea of getting ripped using a body weight-only program. Like the convict conditioning plans: stuff I can do at home with little/no equipment in a small space. My question is, I see via Google searches that many men have had great success this way and they look fantastic, but I don't really see much regarding women. Lots of ladies like to lift heavy and look fab, but are there any who have achieved just as great a physique using body weight only? Are there any sites I'm not aware of dedicated to this? I see a lot of generic articles on fluffy women's magazine sites, but I'd like to see some concrete results. Or can we girls only catch The Hot through lifting (or mainly lifting)? Gents, feel free to chime in too, any advice or info is appreciated.

A/N: I'm not against lifting, I've done it in the past, but for various reasons, I'd like to know more about this in particular. I'm also a runner and do Jillian Michaels DVDs.

Replies

• ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Tagging - I've just started CC and would like to know bit more about it too :) thanks for asking!
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, look for the app called You are your own gym! I think I paid $2.99 for it and I LOVE it. My co-workers and I use it at lunch time everyday to work out and it is awesome. What I like is that every exercise is demonstrated with a video and most can be made either easier or harder. Good luck!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    1.)
    getting ripped
    is a function of proper/controlled diet techniques- not any particular work out plan

2.) work out plans that work well for men- work well for women- because programs designed for one- work just as well for the other. The biggest difference is we see smaller gains- it takes longer to build strength- and also we have a faster recovery rate- so we can typically fit more into a work out than a man can. Otherwise- what's good for the goose- is good for the gander.

3.) ANY program getting you doing something is better than nothing- if this appeals to you- go for it.

4.)
    Or can we girls only catch The Hot through lifting (or mainly lifting)?
    you don't catch being hot. you work your *kitten* off for it. it's not an accident- you don't just find it. You put the time in for it.
  • narya12
    Options
    JoRocka: I was just using figures of speech/wording. I'm aware of those things. But thanks for clarifying for anyone who might not have understood what I meant :)
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi Narya, did you get any further choosing a bodyweight routine?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    1.)
    getting ripped
    is a function of proper/controlled diet techniques- not any particular work out plan

2.) work out plans that work well for men- work well for women- because programs designed for one- work just as well for the other. The biggest difference is we see smaller gains- it takes longer to build strength- and also we have a faster recovery rate- so we can typically fit more into a work out than a man can. Otherwise- what's good for the goose- is good for the gander.

3.) ANY program getting you doing something is better than nothing- if this appeals to you- go for it.

4.)
    Or can we girls only catch The Hot through lifting (or mainly lifting)?
    you don't catch being hot. you work your *kitten* off for it. it's not an accident- you don't just find it. You put the time in for it.

Agreed on all accounts.