Food Allergies!

Options
So my personal food allergies are gluten and dairy. My sons are those plus pork and corn.

I'm looking for others who have food allergies themselves, or someone in their family does. I thought it might be helpful to swap ideas on how to eat well, and around the 'bad' foods!

Replies

• RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've never actually been tested, though through trail and error I've discovered that I am allergic to (or at the very least, highly sensitive to) corn, citrus fruits (though pasteurized orange juice seems to be okay), and tomato sauce (large quantities of that anyway). I cannot eat corn at all - even one kernel causes me to have excruciating discomfort and pain. And citrus is very close second in that regard. I can have tomato sauce, just not the quantity and frequency I used to.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I can't eat meat or dairy. If I do it makes me smell awful.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Gluten, papaya and sensitive to bananas. Recently diagnosed as Celiac but also the last few days I tested it and ive not been having symptoms like I was a month ago. I understand I can still be Celiac without symptoms but going from such a range of intense symptoms to barely anything is making me skeptical... or in denial... either way.
    I'm also very sensitive to dairy products and can't have a lot of them ... minus cheese and yogurt... pretty much everything else is out.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    gluten, dairy (casein) and bananas here :ohwell: It has been a challenge but I have found ways to make MOST of my favorites that taste pretty close :drinker: I mainly just avoid processed foods, with the exception of a handful of things, and stick to whole foods.
  • LindaLou1397
    LindaLou1397 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was tested and came out allergic to all vegetable except lettuce and tomatoes which I guess is actually a fruit. Through trial and error I found I can eat some of them if they are cooked. Corn gives me a terrific stomach ache, even popcorn. I love popcorn so sometime I brave it and suffer for it. Raw celery, potatoes and carrots make my throat and ears itch. I am also lactose intolerant and allergic to msg. This makes it really interesting to lose weight, but by being careful about what I eat and reading food labels really close I have done okay. Feel free to friend me.
  • Katou86
    Options
    I'm allergic to mustard (which is in EVERYTHING) honey. I also have celiacs. The mustard one is hard. It is in so many things I am constantly checking ingredients. Last month I had my Epi injected twice. No fun!
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I never thought about mustard being in a lot of things. Other than itself really. What has mustard in it?
  • CanvasCreator
    CanvasCreator Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Gluten, dairy, and mango skins so far... Add me?