One too many Enchiladas

Options
Hola everyone! I have been using MFP for a couple weeks now and have lost two pounds with my new exercise routine and eating habits. I thought it would be a good idea to say "hello" and get some moral support along the way.

My story:

I used to always be in great shape and an active athelete. After having a sports injury I had back surgery. It was very hard to get back into the exercise scene because I was SO affraid to hurt myself again and never want to feel the pain I did pre-surgery. Anyways I got in a serious relationship and slowly gained ALOT of weight and am now just realizing how terrible it is!!! I currently weigh 253lbs and am 5'10. I moved to Mexico and it has only added to the issue. The food is amazing, but nothing I have ever been used to, especially all the carbs. Since I am a vegetarian I tend to eat way more carbs here than I used to.

Anyway I am going on and on...but my goal is to loose 50lbs in 5 months. I hope I am being realistic!!!

Glad to have found MFP!! :)

Replies

• elliedenise
    elliedenise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. First of all, I'm sure you carry your weight well being 5'10 which is good because the taller you are, the better the weight is distributed through your body. i've been using this website for about six weeks and I love it. I've lost about ten pounds which puts me at a total of 127lbs lost. I have about 16 more to go but I will forever use this site just to keep me calorie aware in the future. Good luck.:happy:
  • dietdebo
    Options
    Man! I am also a vegetarian (actually now I am easing back into eating chicken) and I know it makes me pig out on carbs and sugar for energy! Isn't that always a predicament? I'm also 5'10'' and quite a bit bigger than I'd like to be. I'm going to friend you. Best of luck! You can do it!!
  • Want2bHealthE
    Want2bHealthE Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your title caught my attention - mmmm.... enchiladas :) I'm always looking for ways to have my Mexican food and eat it too (with fewer calories, carbs, fat). Welcome to MFP and congrats on your first 2lbs. I've lost 2 since joining 10 or 11 days ago. It is a very supportive community and the food database is a great tool. 10lbs a month might be a hard goal to reach because I've heard many people hit plateaus that take a few weeks to break with a change in their usual exercise/eating routines. It is a great goal to shoot for though, because even if you fall a little short, you still will have come a long way! Good luck!
  • sarahmariah117
    Options
    Thanks for your responses!! I feel like an addict just admitting I have a problem by telling my weight!!! I have NEVER done that before!!!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! xxx
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 10" too! I started on mfp at 255 lbs... so we're similar :) I've lost about 16lbs (weigh-in tomorrow) in 2 months.

Good luck!! Knowing you need to fix something is the first step :) Great job!