I came to the realization

Options
why I have been having a plateau lately. I looked back at the last 30 days and for the last week or so I have had several days that I have been over my calories whether it was 1 or 300. I have not been exercising, drinking my water, or eating my fruits or veg like I was or should be doing. I have been eating out more than I had been. I need a swift kick in the butt. I have also started to drink diet pop again. So duh it all makes sense now. Not that I havent been doing better than I had been, but I have been starting to revert back to some of my old ways. I dont want to stay this way. I want to get healthy. Tomorrow is a new day. I just need to take it on day at a time. Get back to walking, eating better, and just taking better care of myself.

Replies

• lilbear911
    Options
    It's awesome that you're making yourself aware to the cause of your plateau!! Now you know what to tweak to continue on the path! Good job! And good luck!! :)
  • Blezlie
    Options
    A quote from one of my favorite movies: "Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around"
    You're right - tomorrow IS a new day!
    And a new chance to apply what you've learned about yourself :smile:
    We're all human and bound to make mistakes - don't be too hard on yourself.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great plan! And the fact that you have identified the problem helps SO MUCH! Because now you know the steps needed to make things right. :D

You're doing better than you used to so don't beat yourself up, just have to step it up a bit, like you said! You can do this, sweetie! :D
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    This is what I love about logging my food and exercise. It's no longer a mysterious process. When trouble strikes, we can go back over the data and *see* what the issue is.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It seems like we sabotage ourselves sometimes doesn't it? We lose a bit of weight, feel proud of our accomplishment and then somehow relax a lil because we "deserve" it, and, as you said, put ourselves into a plateau. WHY?? It's really so silly - I know I've done it time and time again.

It's so wonderful that you are taking that step back and can see what's really the cause and allow yourself to get back on track! I hope that I will be able to do that myself the next time I feel the need to relax!

You should be proud of what you've accomplished - it's put you that much closer to your goal! You are doing amazing things for yourself! Good job!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Well done for noticing and taking action! xxx
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing time and again. That is why it has taken me awhile to lose the amount of weight that I have. But what is important is that you realize what you are doing and get back on track. Which you have so I think you'll do just fine. I believe in taking a little bit of a break once in awhile. Just as long as you don't go overboard with that break.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    So cool you took the initiative and analyzed your diary. Yes it is such a good tool. Also we may have some ups and downs but with logging I think our downs aren't as down and our ups are more effective. Way to stay committed!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Awesome..that is just what i needed to hear today. I had my first loss in about a month today and it;s because I put myself in a plateau. THank you!
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Analysing your food diary and realising exactly why things aren't going well is the best thing ever - until I came here, I was roughly estimating my calorie intake and was way out on some things! The only way is down now. I intend to be one of those smug skinny minnies eventually.:bigsmile: