Gonna Brag on MYSELF! :)

Options
I just realized that yesterday was 1 month since I quit smoking:smokin: . YES at stressful times I did sneak 1 or several, but I can say that I TRIED to smoke one yesterday and it was GROSS!!! YAY I think I'm over it! :):drinker:

Replies

• mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!

I'm a non-smoker but have smoker friends and my parents used to smoke and kicking that habit is not easy to do!

KUDOS!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well done girl! I quit as well almost 10 years ago. It's a tough battle but one worth winning - woot woot!
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!!! I'm excited about it!
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    congrats! I'm at the 2 month mark.
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good work! Be aware that you'll have some cravings from the nicotine in the one you tried though, but they'll pass :) I quit by reading Alan Carr's 'The Easy Way To Stop Smoking'and it's amazing, by the end of the book you just don't want to smoke anymore, no withdrawal symptoms or cravings AT ALL!!!!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    That is really awesome and probably one of the best things you could have ever done for yourself!
    let the celebratory thread commence...
    tumblr_ms29d1yyxl1rw52zjo1_250.gif
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 215 days in, that's 3000+ cigarettes plus not smoked. It's well worth it!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Stay strong and if/when you feel tempted, remember how far you've already come. Put the money you're not spending on cigarettes in a jar, set a goal for not smoking and if you meet the goal, buy yourself a little something with the money. The further away your goal, the more money you'll have to spend, plus you'll see how fast those $$$ add up.
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I don't know when I officially quit but it's been a couple of months. Now to get my husband to quit.
  • paigebolling
    paigebolling Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Don't give up. I quit for a year and a half and then started back around 8 months ago during a high stress time. The first couple of days that I started back the taste was horrible but I just kept puffing looking for some relief and now here I am 8 months later right back where I started. Even tried to quit again during the last 3 months or so and this time seems harder than last. Just remember those times when you say I'll just take a puff and it won't hurt can turn into a whole cigarette then just a few cigs and your back where you started. Stay strong, you've made a month and you've got it kicked just maintain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!