MFP estimated weight.

Options
Hey,

Just had a quick question. You know when you complete your diary and it tells you how much you would weigh in _____ weeks. Does this mean with your set activity, without extra working out? And of course by keeping in your calorie intake every day. I was just wondering because so far, I have been losing what it estimated without extra activity. I do plan on starting with a personal trainer in a few weeks.

:)

Replies

• CasablancasTX
    Options
    It only means if you ate that EXACT number of calories every day for the next 5 weeks, that's how much you could possibly weigh. It actually has nothing to do with real life, so don't rely on it for a gauge of your progress.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If you ate the same number of calories every day for 4 weeks, that is what MFP estimates you will weigh. If you eat over your goal, the estimated weight will go up a little. If you eat less, it will go down a little....
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Its if your day was exactly like that every day for the next five weeks. So whatever you enter in for food and excersize will go into that net number it uses.
  • truly_blessed90
    Options
    Yea, I know that it is only if you ate that amount. I never go over my calorie intake, so I was just wondering if it was a good estimate.
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    No its not a good estimate, everyone has different bodies that hold more water, lose at faster or slower paces so MFP is being general. You could track what it says you will weigh in 5 weeks with what you actually weigh in 5 weeks if you really wanted to see how accurate it is.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Just had a quick question. You know when you complete your diary and it tells you how much you would weigh in _____ weeks. Does this mean with your set activity, without extra working out? And of course by keeping in your calorie intake every day. I was just wondering because so far, I have been losing what it estimated without extra activity. I do plan on starting with a personal trainer in a few weeks.

:)

It doesn't make a difference whether you have the extra activity or not. If you work out, you would eat back those calories that you burned so you would be netting the same amount. Therefore, the same total weight loss in 5 weeks.

Regardless, I've never had it come out even close. It's just a theoretical, motivational thing.