VSG 5 months post op, looking for positive people

Options
Hi Estefani here :) I got weight loss surgery 5 months ago today, 71 lbs. down.
I am a bipolar diagnosed individual and have sort of had bulimia on and off for about 3 years now(binging and purging, thus I am still over 200lbs.). Trying to meet other people who are struggling, or have struggled but are finding peace with food, it's not not about the weight, but I think the most important thing is to finally get a healthy relationship with food and it no longer be tied to feelings or emotions (at least not as much) also people who have healthy lifestyles and enjoy working out or being doing any physical activities, or just have a good outlook on life. I really need to be surrounded by these kinds of people I am trying really hard to change my ways and having others that are doing it would def not hurt me.

Replies

• IdaBigelow
    Options
    I have struggled with binging/purging for quite some time. have spent lots of time in therapy and just never seemed to be able to get it completely under control. I have found that making sure I log every single bite I eat has been the answer for me. Knowing that I have to look and see what I ate and the calories I consumed (not to mention I am putting it out there for others to see) has worked thus far for me. Know matter what else you do on this site I highly recommend you log-log-log!!!
  • mama_speak
    Options
    i struggled with bulimia for 10 years. feel free to message me if you'd like to talk <3