Really down on myself

Options
Yesterday was my dads birthday so we had cake and ice cream. I told myself to only get a little but I kept coming back for more and went over my limit by 1200!!! When I woke up this morning I knew I would weigh more but I weighed 3 pounds more :((( im really depressed cause I am working so hard and had a bad day. Any tips to get back on traxck?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    pop in a dvd and do a workout
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey don't worry, everyone does that.

You won't have gained 3lbs of fat. Just get back on track and that'll be gone in a few days.

Also - give yourself permission not to be perfect! ;-) xx
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do that every once in a while. It's not every night, so give yourself a break. The weight gain is water weight. Eat within your calories, and wait a few days before weighing yourself. I just did that over the weekend, gained 4 lbs - ouch, got back on track, and lost the gain during the week. Exercise too. And, great job with the logging. It's really impressive that you actually counted how much you went over. You're in control, and you can do this.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey don't worry, everyone does that.

You won't have gained 3lbs of fat. Just get back on track and that'll be gone in a few days.

Also - give yourself permission not to be perfect! ;-) xx

This. All the way. It's one day. Don't beat yourself up. Progress, not perfection is the key. Acknowledge it and move on. You've got this. :smile:
  • devils44
    devils44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't deny yourself pleasures, just limit them and work harder; whether that is an extra day working out, or longer sessions working out. And be consistent with work outs (I mean by not missing work out sessions)
  • Reed286
    Options
    Thanks guys! needed some motivation
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    You don't think your the only one that has ever had a day where we may have ate alittle more than we should have do you?? The key is learning from your mistakes and the biggest thing is learn to fit those foods you like into your daily caloric intake. yes that will take some planning and discipline on your part. It won't happen overnight just learn from it. if you truly was only over by 1200 calories there is absolutely no way you gained 3 lbs. of fat......... Don't beat yourself up just get back to it..... Best of Luck
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour night shifts. At the end of my working cycle I will be up at least 5 pounds and sometimes more. Within a few days, that goes away and sometimes even more!!!

You can't gain three pounds by going 1200 calories over, but you can retain 3 pounds of water due to the sugar!!!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Any tips to get back on traxck?

Log it. Be honest. Start fresh, starting right now.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Remember when you were a kid, and summer vaca seemed to go forever? Now it's gone in about five minutes?
    It's kind of like that. It seems like a big deal to go over on any given day, but in the long haul it won't make a difference.
    1200 calories is about 1/3 of a pound, and that's if it's 1200 over MAINTENANCE.
    So just keep on keepin' on :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Weight loss/gain is not linear. One weigh-in is not going to be a direct reflection of your intake/output from the day before. You might be up 3 lbs today and could be down 4 lbs tomorrow. Don't sweat it. Just try to make better choices in the future.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It's more than likely water retention. You didn't eat enough to gain 3 lbs of fat. Relax, up the water intake, get back to what you were doing before and you'll be fine.