What to do?

Options
So, I started to think I need to be more health conscience. I have come to the conclusion that I eat when I'm stressed or upset.

This is not something I do consciously. For example, say I have to have a meeting with my boss and some bad news comes up about me, I revert to the nearest can of coke, bag of crisps, doughnut ect. I am so used to co
fort eating that I now cannot sem to get out of this slump. I go to the gym, excercise, but the calories I take in one day are usually trumped by me binge\comfort eating the next day. Does anyone have any practical solutions to this?

All help appreciated.

Grom

Replies

• cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    yes :) i used to do the same, but by using my fitness pal you know that if you eat those crisps and sweets you will have no calories left for dinner - you will still have dinner and there will be no weight loss!

what i did was used my fitness pal before i dieted, that way you can see how many calories of junk you are eating and why you are the weight you are.

keep an eye on your calories and by knowing how many you have left for the day you will know not to pick up that chocolate bar!
  • losergirl78
    Options
    I am also a fellow comfort eater. I had to start by training myself to really notice the difference between real hunger and emotional hunger. When it's emotional hunger I would get a bottle of water with Kellogg's K2O Protein Water Mix, it has 5 grams each of protein and fiber and that would help me feel a little "full" then I have to find something to preoccupy my mind. Get up and streach or walk around, log into MFP and read some message boards, or chew gum.

I'm glad to hear your working out at the gym and don't get discouraged. You can do this!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Do you have a way to reach this site during your work hours? either by phone or internet? if so Log everything you put in your mouth as soon as you can. DO NOT wait until the end of the day. Do this for 2 weeks. you should track: Calories, Fat, Protein, Sugar and Fiber
    after two weeks you should have an estimate of what your office food is.

Set your goals to lose 2ibs a week. It will give you the count down counter as you log stuff in.

Next you will need to earn your binging at the gym. You will have to adjust your calories burned which maybe just 20 more minutes on the elliptical.
    Quick tip when burning binge calories you need to stay at the "Target Heart Rate" 130-140bpm

Although you should give up the binge, just being aware of it is a great start. Following this should help knock it down a couple of notches.