Yet Another Diet started !!!!!!!!

Options
Hi Everyone, my name is Jackie & yet again, I have just begun another diet. Its an on going battle !!
Who knows .. "Maybe This Time" x take care :glasses:

Replies

• Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I felt that way too! But there is something about this site that is so encouraging. It's easy to use and the people are all so nice and supportive. Welcome. Feel free to friend me.
  • mama050709
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Jackie & yet again, I have just begun another diet. Its an on going battle !!
    Who knows .. "Maybe This Time" x take care

NO more diets! They NEVER work... Remember, DIETS are short term! LIFESTYLE changes are LONG term =D:drinker:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I would encourage you to look at this at a lifestyle change, rather than a diet, as diets are so restrictive. Make small changes, day by day; and when you slip up and make a mistake, start over right away - don't just bag it because of one bad choice. Throw away your processed foods, eat fresh vegetables and fruits, and lean meats and try to get in a workout 2x a week (walking is great!). You can MAKE THIS HAPPEN ! We will help you here on MFP!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This site has been awesome. I am a light social blogger and I just moved to the site and linked it with facebook. Great!!!!
    The calorie count is the best I have found too:love:
  • justahorsen
    Options
    This is NOT a diet site to me.....It is, however, a lifestyle change site......I eat ice cream, not the pint or more I USED to eat, but a REAL serving size, and that is what this site has done for me.....taught me portion control.....
    The trick is to log EVERYTHING!!!! If it passes your teeth, log it...you will be amazed at the junk you eat....
    Good luck on your lifestyle change, mine has given me more energy, and a better understanding of the affect that different eating habits have had on my weight.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Jackie, don't look at this a a diet. You have to put in your mind that its a lifestyle change. It can't be something that you start and stop, that's a diet. Its ongoing approach to your life and health.

Take advantage of this site and log your food and workouts. Make friends and have a strong support system. And if all else fails, see a nutritionist who can help you come up with meal plans.

Stay the course.
  • ashiteru
    Options
    CONGRATS ON YOUR DECISION TOWARDS SUCCESS! I WWISH YOU GREATNESS IN WHTAEVER YOU DO ! "DIETS" ARE HARD TO STICK TO BETTER HABBITS ARE EASIER TO KEEP! REMEMBER WE DIDN'T GAIN OVER NIGHT SO WE WON'T LOOSE OVER NIGHT! ( IT WOULD BE GREAT IF WE COULD LOL) A LIL PROGRESS IS GOOD! WHEN U FEEL DISCOURAGED USE YOUR BLOG. IF YOU HAD A BAD EATING DAY GO BACK A LOOK WHERE U COULD HAVE CHNGED 1 THING, THEN DO IT THE NEXT DAY, WALK A LIL MORE, THEN ADD IN SOMETHING ELSE. YOUR VICTORY IS HERE! ALL U HAVE TO DO IS GRAB IT. YOU CAN DO IT! NO YOU WILL DO IT!