NSV: Without warning I just did almost 4 miles

Options
So I have been calorie counting and lifting dumbells (3x a week) since July 11th. I was almost 270 and am now just shy of 240. I am on a business trip today and do not have my weights. I was sitting in my hotel room watching TV and thought "I should just go outside" So I ran down the stairs and started walking/jogging/sprinting down the road. (and this was after a couple of cigarettes(...I know, I know) and a rather large taco bell meal(still within my daily limits)) By the end I had gone almost 4 miles in about 50 minutes. I think I just went Couch-to-5K in less than an hour. I checked my 3.1 mile time(a 5K, so I could see how I stack up) and it was about 42-43 minutes. I thought that was not too bad considering my total running/walking mileage for the past year is probably less than 10 miles(other than just regular necessary daily walking of course). Just thought I would share.

Replies

• caribear1984
    Options
    Great job! And that is a pretty good time for just doing it out of thin air. You're doing great!
  • bsmith891
    bsmith891 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, I went out for a run/jog/walk again, only this time with the intention of seeing what my 5k time really is. I ended up going 3.1 miles in 34:37 with a first mile split of around 9 minutes with the next 2 dropping off a bit. I really am quite pleased. Oh and today I also just hit the halfway mark to my goal weight. 40 down 40 to go!