Eating less, exercising more, NO RESULTS!?

Options
Help! I've been eating less, and healthier foods, exercising more, and I haven't seem to have lost any weight. Feeling confused...

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    - How long have you been eating less?
    - When did you start exercising, what do you do and how long?
    - Your diary is private, how many calories a day?
    - How much do you have to lose?
  • CaelynCamille
    Options
    How long have I been eating less - Not exactly sure, my weight and eating habits went up and down a lot during the summer, but for at least a week or two I've been eating less.
    When did I start exercising - I've been exercising consistently for the last couple of weeks. I vary my exercises. I do dance, running, stretching, and pilates. Generally I dance for an hour, run for 15 -20 minutes, stretch for 30 minutes, or pilates for an hour. (I normally pick one of those to do a day)
    How many calories a day - My Fitness Pal has me at a daily goal of 1200 but I usually eat less.
    How much to lose - I have about 15 lbs to lose.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    A week or two is not long enough to see proper results. 3-6 weeks is more like it. You're going to have big water fluctuations from the activity and the calorie adjustment, especially if your carbs have dropped.

That's too much activity for less than 1200 calories, especially with so little to lose you will probably need a more conservative deficit.

People usually always start off with a huge deficit and lots of activity, which isn't sustainable. You would do best calculating your TDEE, and having a 250 day deficit from that.
  • CaelynCamille
    Options
    Thank you for your advice!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Help! I've been eating less, and healthier foods, exercising more, and I haven't seem to have lost any weight. Feeling confused...

How much is less? How much more are you exercising? What's your calorie goal? Do you hit it? Do you weigh and measure your food? Log your exercise? Eat back a portion of those calories?