Do you Cycle/Spin?

Options
Cycling/Spinning can burn between 1000 to 1300 calories in ONE HOUR. This makes it an AWESOME workout. Hey if you're a hardcore cycler/spinner or just a person who's interested in trying it, befriend me. I love it, and I'm sure you'll love it too! Hey and even if you hate it we can still encourage one another! Let's do this! Let's KILL these pounds!

:) CQ

Replies

• jdhmommy1
    jdhmommy1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started cycling three weeks ago! I LOVE it! :)
  • Cyclezombie
    Options
    I'm right with you! Did 10 miles today at a pretty good clip. More tomorrow~
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike at home but I get so lazy..
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do vibe cycle which is tougher than spinning. It is cycling to the beat of the music. I burn between 500 and 600 calories in 45 minutes. I took part it a cycle from UK tomAmsterdam and back for charity a year back. It was a toughie but I loved it.
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are so right, I use my heart rate monitor in all my gym activities except swimming. I do Taebo, Yoga, Spin, Elliptical, tabata and Body-pump. Spin give me the best burn followed closely be tabata.
  • TammyGKRN
    Options
    I do vibe cycle which is tougher than spinning. It is cycling to the beat of the music. I burn between 500 and 600 calories in 45 minutes. I took part it a cycle from UK tomAmsterdam and back for charity a year back. It was a toughie but I loved it.
    I do spin at my gym and it is also to the beat of music. Didn't know there was a different kind but could not take hour of that intense workout without music!! WOW!!
  • sophieking118
    Options
    Hi,

I am so confused with this whole Vibe Cycle and Spin..

What is the difference? I have my 1st Vibe session later and after all the hype I've heard about Spin I'm worried Vibe will be rubbish in comparison!

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Soph
  • popflying
    Options
    I have a bike and I LOVE riding! It does burn calories pretty fast, especially if you go at a medium to high pace (12+mph). However, I'm getting a HRM to ensure my calorie counts are accurate, as I'm worried they're too high right now. I have a road bike, which is much more efficient than a mountain bike.

I find riding to be a great mental break and helps me later in the day with concentration and hunger management. It's an hour or more away from music, electronics, and personal worries. Annnnnnd I get to eat more food- which is why I make sure to have a nice long ride any day I plan to go out to eat.

Also it's sooo much easier on the knees, feet, and chest (for large-breasted ladies) compared to running. I'm hoping as I get slimmer that I will start running as well, but I personally think it's much more boring than cycling!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I did a spin class for the first time this week, I must say I sweated in 45mins like I haven't sweated before. Great workout and great burn for that amount of time. I think I burned 500 calories in 45mins.

I hate it when the instructor tells you to stand up and climb the hill hahahaa! But so much fun!