With just 5 minutes of exercise a day...........

Options
I lost almost 40 pounds and changed my life!

Thinking of doing an hour a day of exercise made me feel sick to my stomach. I hated it.........couldn't deal with the thought all day long. So one day I promised myself I would do 5 minutes of exercise a day.

I had to get in my gym clothes and either get on the elliptical at home, go to the gym or walk down the street. Repeating........just 5 minutes...........I CAN DO IT!!

Of course that 5 minutes just about always turned into at least 20.....ususally 40-60 depending on what I was doing.

Today I was reminded by my friend that I used to go to bed at 7 pm, because I was exhausted. I am doing that again and realized it is because I am not exercising. Who would think exercising actually GIVES you energy?

Tested my theory today and I am not wanting to go lay down right now, which is awesome.

So I promise to do 5 minutes of exercise each and every day!!

Gooooooo MFP!!:smokin:

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    haha Jeannie! I did something similar last night. I told myself I was going to walk for 15 minutes after I did my hour-long workout DVD...just to work out some kinks. I got going and felt wobbly at first but so relaxed. I kept walking and walking...got to 15 minutes and was nowhere close to home! lol I ended up doing 22 minutes and could have kept going had I not run out of water. :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    haha Jeannie! I did something similar last night. I told myself I was going to walk for 15 minutes after I did my hour-long workout DVD...just to work out some kinks. I got going and felt wobbly at first but so relaxed. I kept walking and walking...got to 15 minutes and was nowhere close to home! lol I ended up doing 22 minutes and could have kept going had I not run out of water. :happy:

isnt it cool Ari? I love it. I was so fretting about getting back into my routine (which was 60 min or so a day with 2 days of weights 120 minutes) that I didnt do anything. Silly willy me!
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i love that!!! that's the type of self-talk I need to get me on my treadclimber at night when all i want to do is veg in front of the tv. i will remember that tonight :)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    i love that!!! that's the type of self-talk I need to get me on my treadclimber at night when all i want to do is veg in front of the tv. i will remember that tonight :)

ooh I want a treadclimber SO bad!:love:
  • heyjude78
    Options
    Lol- I thought I was the only one that did that! (Except I say at least 20 min)......Great job!!!! You CAN do at least 5 min a day!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Lol- I thought I was the only one that did that! (Except I say at least 20 min)......Great job!!!! You CAN do at least 5 min a day!

Whew, it is good to know others do this also. I was feeling weird........told DH........Hey, I will be right back, going to do 5 min of exerices. He said "What good will THAT do??"

25 minutes later I come out all sweaty........I told him THAT is what it will do!! He is proud of me:flowerforyou:
  • Autumn256
    Options
    I found that if I get my exercising clothes on, and lace up my sneakers, I don't have anything else to do but work out! And you are right, once you get going, you can do more than you thought!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I found that if I get my exercising clothes on, and lace up my sneakers, I don't have anything else to do but work out! And you are right, once you get going, you can do more than you thought!!

My friend used to change at work. She said she would feel like a fool if she walked thru the office in workout clothes, only to go home and eat:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Got my 5 minutes in.......WOOT!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Got mine in last night... aimed for 45 but ended up doing 30 but having a higher calorie burn than my usual 30 minute walk, and that was after I did 2 work out videos and my Sit Up Challenge crunches... tonight I'll be close to 60 mins. :bigsmile: Never thought I'd be the one to work out for an hour at a time but with everything I do, I do at LEAST an hour a day. I love it.
  • logansmom6106
    logansmom6106 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just took your advice and said that I would do 5 mins on the elliptictal got on and did 10 thats more than Ive been able to do scence getting it normaly I can do 5- 5.5 mins I was happy. Thank you.:happy:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Got mine in last night... aimed for 45 but ended up doing 30 but having a higher calorie burn than my usual 30 minute walk, and that was after I did 2 work out videos and my Sit Up Challenge crunches... tonight I'll be close to 60 mins. :bigsmile: Never thought I'd be the one to work out for an hour at a time but with everything I do, I do at LEAST an hour a day. I love it.

wtg! I am heading in the gym for 5 min workout in a few..........thanks for reminding me!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Just took your advice and said that I would do 5 mins on the elliptictal got on and did 10 thats more than Ive been able to do scence getting it normaly I can do 5- 5.5 mins I was happy. Thank you.:happy:

That is awesome!! and you and ari are makign me go do my 5 right now!