MFP buddies required, no experience necessary...

Options
HI All

Hope your health journey is going well!!

This is my second attempt to use MFP but this time I want to stick to it and do it properly. Took me a couple of attempts to stop smoking (18months now) so I doubt the fight to loose the fat will be much different. I was hoping to meet some motivational MFP buddies to help and be helped along the way, so please add me to your friends list if thats what your looking for too.

I am doing the couch to 5k NHS podcast programme if anyone in the UK is also starting or currently doing that, I would be interested to know how you are doing.

Anyway, good luck everyone, thanks for reading...

Replies

• Nomitron
    Nomitron Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have been trying to lose weight for a while now after having put on 45kgs in 6 years! :embarassed: (It was a gradual thing)

I have tried MFP before and found it very helpful however my fight was lost BUT I'm back and willing to put the effort in this time!

I would love to join you on your journey to better health and help with motivating/be motivated. :smile:

Whats the couch to 5k program you are doing? Im in Australia but that sounds very cool, is it available on the net?

Add me as a friend if you want :)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hi Merlotcat,

I officially stopped smoking on 1st December 2011 so a similar time ago and then promptly put on 2 stone (before anyone jumps on this I know it was me and my increased drinking and eating that caused this, I am not using quitting as an excuse)

Started using MFP 4 weeks ago and am well on the way to dropping the first of those extra stones and loving the journey.

Took me a long time to commit to it though, used the excuse the doctor provided "you would have to be 30 stone to suffer the same health risks as smoking" and just like stopping you have to do this for you and nobody else.

I suddenly realised that I hated taking my top off on holidays and would cover up as soon as I got out of the pool or sea and thats when I knew I needed to get to a size that I am comfortable with

Feel free to add me is you want to :-)
  • ajuthy
    Options
    Hi all,

I am attempting to loose 1.5 stones,seems like million times i have tried the same.this time i am very willing and hope to get support from all of you.
  • creativev7
    creativev7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm starting MFP again for the umpteenth time, I have quite a bit to lose, I hoping I can be successful this time the most I've lost is 11lbs, I'm hoping for big improvements on that.
  • tdlittle369
    Options
    Hey,

I could use some fitness buddies (even if they are virtual). This is my 2nd time trying MFP but my millionth time trying to lose the weight. I've managed to get myself into the Super Morbid Obese category and I am so over being in this category. I'd be willing to lend a listening ear, be supportive, participate in challenges whatever it takes to get and stay healthy.
  • Merlotcat
    Options

Whats the couch to 5k program you are doing? Im in Australia but that sounds very cool, is it available on the net?

Heya

this is the website that will take you there, http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx , I am not sure if you will be able to access it from Oz. The podcasts are free to download from iTunes though and they really they are great!, its like having a personal trainer in your ear, but its free!! Its so good, try it out.
  • Merlotcat
    Options

I officially stopped smoking on 1st December 2011 so a similar time ago and then promptly put on 2 stone (before anyone jumps on this I know it was me and my increased drinking and eating that caused this, I am not using quitting as an excuse)

..... cover up as soon as I got out of the pool or sea and thats when I knew I needed to get to a size that I am comfortable with

I totally know where you are coming from. Congrats with the non-smoking too, disgusting habit, wish I had never started, its totally ruined my gums :( although they healthy now, I would've had more of them if I never had started. And the covering up, OMG thats me all over, hate it!!

Anyway, onward and upward :D on the right track now. So its all good.
  • Merlotcat
    Options
    Don't give up loosing the fat, its seems like going in circles, I sooooo know that feeling, been trying to loose 18Kgs for about a year now, but my nemesis ? if that is the right description, is red wine, and lots of it, so I know where I am going wrong, also laziness and overeating also comes into mind, but anyway, don't give up.

My approach is to use MFP and try to plan more, my food and exercise routine. Its all about lifestyle changing really, and that doesn't happen any time soon, unfortunately.
  • Merlotcat
    Options

I could use some fitness buddies (even if they are virtual).

Mee tooo, invite on the way, good luck chick!"
  • nicoleisback
    Options

Heya

this is the website that will take you there, http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx , I am not sure if you will be able to access it from Oz. The podcasts are free to download from iTunes though and they really they are great!, its like having a personal trainer in your ear, but its free!! Its so good, try it out.

I am in Australia too. There are heaps of free couch to 5k programs available free from the apple store or the play store if you have a smart phone. Most of them have GPS tracking and lap times built in, which is great. I started doing one called Zombies! Run. which was really fun because the entire training program is a narrated story where you are running away from zombies, but unfortunately I did my knee in and need to give jogging a rest :(.

Feel free to add me too, I am starting MFP again for the second time (first was before I got pregnant) and have been sticking to my diet and exercise for a month now, and am down 3.5kg, but have a looooong way to go. I would love any extra motivation, and to return the favour