Zucchini 'Fritters'

Options
Hi guys, So I have been in love these past few weeks with Zucchini 'Fritters'
The reason I am referring to them as 'Fritters' is because, they're a little healthier than your typical fritter. This recipe contains mostly vegetables and are great,quick and easy to whip up after a long day. Plus they will last a while. I usually cook up a batch and put them into the fridge for another day! They can go soft in the fridge, and I like them crispy so what I normally do is put them into the oven for 10-20 minutes, just to get them nice and crispy again.
So let's get started.

You will Need:
2-3 medium Zucchini
1-2 medium Carrots
1-2 Spring Onions
1/2 Onion
1tsp grated ginger
1 handful Fresh Parsley
1 egg
1 tbsp wholemeal flour
dash of milk.
Salt and pepper

Let's get started...

Grate Zucchini,carrot,ginger and onion into a large bowl. Add in chopped spring onions and parsley.
Beat in egg,flour and milk. Season with salt and pepper.

Heat up olive oil in pan and put in 1 tbsp of mixture at a time, once golden and crispy but onto kitchen towel and serve.

I usually serve these with a fresh rocket and spinach salad, I wouldn't suggest eating more than 3!

I know that this recipe is rather well known, but I know that a lot of people are scared to eat things that contain flour or are fried. Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! I even managed to convince my mum and sister to eat them! Yay for healthy food.

Replies

• mmkaye
    mmkaye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It looks great! Do you have the nutrition facts for them?
  • Mellb
    Mellb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YUMMY!! Thanks for sharing :) I just saw a similar recipe in Women's World magazine yesterday and my daughter wanted to make them. So, we'll be making these for a healthy afternoon snack!
  • aimeero2012
    Options
    They sound lovely! Thanks. I have loads of courgettes (zucchini) from my garden at the moment. I'm going to use extra virgin coconut oil to fry in though it's a healthier fat (I think). aimee x
  • Hannella
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't know how accurate the nutritional fact's are, but I'd say there are probably no more than 300 in 3 of them. Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • Hannella
    Options
    272 per serving.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump and thanks