The Calorie Guessing Game Round 1

How much do you think this beauty is per pan regular cake pan size...?

2yxpt20.jpg

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/08/summer-vegetable-tian/

(And yes, I'll probably average your guesses because I didn't weigh anything before making 2.5 pans of this tasty goodness...in the oven right now ;)

Replies

• icecreamdreams
    icecreamdreams Posts: 17 Member
    They have a recipe part on here where you can build your own recipe which is where I got this information from.

**1 medium tomato, 1 medium yellow onion, 1 medium yellow squash, I medium zucchini, 1 medium russet potato, 1 tsp. minced garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1 cup italian cheese**

I put in that it serves 4

Calories: 765 (total) or 131 (serving)
    Carbs: 69 (total) or 17 (serving)
    Fat: 38 (total) or 10 (serving)
    Protein: 39 (total) or 10 (serving)
    Fiber: 12 (total) or 3 (serving)
    Sugar: 18 (total) or 5 (serving)
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    it looks delicious! It looks to me like a pan of baked squash with melted cheese on it.

I think each serving would be 150 calories. I'm guesstimating one serving = 5 inches by 5 inches.

Let us know what the answer is and the recipe!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    icecreamdream, that's cheating :P NonnyMary, the recipe is the link I posted. I think that it's more than that though...I didn't count how many squash or zuchinni or anything, but I'd guess I put in 2 squash and 1.5 zuchinni and 2-3 tomatoes per pan...hmm...
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    icecreamdream, that's cheating :P NonnyMary, the recipe is the link I posted. I think that it's more than that though...I didn't count how many squash or zuchinni or anything, but I'd guess I put in 2 squash and 1.5 zuchinni and 2-3 tomatoes per pan...hmm...

oh thank you - i will check it out :)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Beth at Budget Bytes has such awesome recipes!
  • icecreamdreams
    icecreamdreams Posts: 17 Member

Hey...someone once told me, that if you're not cheating to win, then you're not trying hard enough ;)

Do you want me to edit the recipe I made for this (completely making this next weekend btw for my family) to include the extra veggies you put in to get a new "guess" :)