Meal Planning with Google Calendar & ZipList

Options
Lately, I have been thinking about creating a catalog of favorite dinner recipes that I can rotate on a recurring basis each month.

When searching the interwebs for a simple menu-planning system, I came across a great one at a homemaking blog called Life in Grace. And this idea is so great, I believe it is going to change my life. :smile:

Some of you may already do this, but being a Bear of Very Little Brain, I hadn’t thought of it before. (Now it seems like such an obvious way to menu plan!) Both menu planning & grocery shopping are simplified and all my favorite recipes can be organized using Google Calendar.

That’s it.

Genius!

(Sometimes it doesn’t take much to make me happy.)

If you’d like to see what I’m talking about, with a more detailed explanation, then please see the blog post that introduced me to this method. It’s actually a four-part series, with each part being a manageable little chunk of reading at a time. Here’s part one:

http://www.lifeingraceblog.com/2013/01/meal-planning-part-1-the-why/

p.s. In one night, I was able to set up ongoing menus for weekdays. I scheduled most meals one time a month, and a few other favorites I scheduled two times a month. But this system is easily customizable. For example, the author of the blog plans to create a three-month supply of unique recipes that she can repeat every quarter. Also, this system is easy to update and modify. Whenever I want to add in another recipe, all it takes is a simple edit to do so.

Whew. I’m so glad I found this. Happy menu planning, MFPers. :flowerforyou:

Replies