100+ lbs to lose & 1 year

Options
Sarahndipity30
Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am looking for new friends. struggling to lose 100+ lbs or more. (although I would love ANY new amazing friends! :O)

I am 6'1" and currently at 299 lbs.

I am officially kicking my butt into gear, as today is my 29th birthday and my original goal was to drop 125 lbs by my 30th birthday. I find I struggle a lot with motivating myself, and keeping myself from falling into old habits when i am feeling stressed or depressed. And I could really use the help keeping me afloat. i will in return do the same for you. MFP has been the greatest thing for me in the few short weeks that I have been around these boards, and already i am inspired by the people and the stories and i wish I would have done this a lot sooner.

Anyways, if you are searching for new friends..I am here! We CAN do this!
<3

Replies

• peggymdellinger
    peggymdellinger Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also working on losing 100 lbs., down 25 so far. The key for me has been to take a moderate calorie deficit instead of dropping really low, then eating about every 3 hours or so. I've been dropping around 1-2 lbs per week. You can do this!
  • Neondragonfly
    Neondragonfly Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have 101lbs to lose. I don't have a specific date for my goal weight of 150lbs but I do hope to lose approx 26lbs by the time I return to work from Maternity Leave in March 2013. I joined MFP a while back but didn't really do much. I restarted again officially when I had my 6 weeks check up after giving birth to my 2nd baby girl.

I really hope you ladies get to your goals :bigsmile: We can all do this together!!
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've lost 101 pounds in the last 16 months. Would love to add you, and anyone, as a friend!

Open Diary!
  • dominguezmommy
    dominguezmommy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the needing to lose 100 lbs group. I'm 5'10 and 275. Please add me on mfp dominguezmommy or on instagram jkaz_journey_fat2fit I recently took up bicycling.
  • Turnernpooch
    Options
    My starting weight was 277, and my goal weight is 175. I'm down to 240.. So count me in on this action! : )
  • vrwhite_
    vrwhite_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat of all you ladies and as hard as I know this struggle is going to be, it's comforting to know I'm now alone. I have 160lbs to lose and my goal is 1-2 years. Please feel free to add/ask/comment anything you'd like! I'd love to have as many motivating people going through the same struggles as I am. We can also share tips and recipes (at least I know for me it's been difficult to find good advice). I wish you all the best of luck!! xo
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have about 110 lbs to lose, now about 98. I just started a month ago.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am right there with you all, my goal to start is lose 150 and go from there, I am currently down 23-25lbs since May (depending on the week lol) I am 5'11 and my current goal is to get to 180 and re access how I feel/look. I don't ever recall being that weight, so I have no idea what I"ll look like. I am sahm to 3 girls (13, 8 & 3) and nanny pt for another 3 yr old and stay pretty busy but I like having friends in the same boat and log daily & comment when I can :) feel free to send me a request :)
  • GothGlitter
    Options
    This is perfect!
    I joined a while ago and then slowly fell back into old habits. I weighed myself today and I am 30lbs HEAVIER than I was when I joined MFP. I started crying and realized that in order for me to keep motivating myself, I need to actually be involved in the MFP community, not just using it as an app to record keep
    I have 100lbs to lose and I'm starting right now
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Would love to motivate each other.. feel free to add me , and good luck on your journey :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I HAD over 100 pounds to lose. Now I only have 19! You can do this! :smile:
  • shegetsbetter
    shegetsbetter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Would love to add and be added!
    My highest weight was 262, now 238, aiming for 140.
    I'm 5'6.
    Good luck with all of your goals!
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend, if you wish...I need to lose seventy pounds, and I've lost twelve so far...Good Luck!!!

Reaan:smile:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm extremely motivated and supportive and I WILL GET IT DONE. hopefully in 12-14 months.
  • thesoup11
    thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like to be part of this I need to lose100 pounds it be nice to do it together
  • bettyrox79
    bettyrox79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Im new to mfp and have about 125 lbs to lose. Have already lost about 7 lbs before joining mfp so I a on my way! Anyone please add me as I am also looking for motivational friends :) Together we will conquer!!!!
  • allkim1
    allkim1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im there too. I have 100+ to lose too. It is all about support and motivation. Go team =)
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of trying to lose 103 pounds. I'm down 67, so getting there! I'd love to be your friend. My only advice is don't give yourself such a strict deadline. You'll lose rapidly at times and then there will be times when 3 weeks will go by and you won't lose an ounce. Don't get discouraged...keep up with your plan and the weight will come off.

I'm guessing it will take me about 15-16 months or so to get to the 103 lost.
  • kekagel
    kekagel Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ I'd like to lose, please feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get!
  • rowdyruger
    Options
    Would love to have some friends. Need to lose 100 lbs also. My goal is to write everything down and drink lots of water. I am making small changes each day. Just started 9/7
    Debbie
This discussion has been closed.