Hey There

Options
Hey Everyone,

My name is Alana and I am 26 years old. I found this website on Project Wedding and I am really excited to get started! Like my profile says I have been fighting my weight since...forever and I think having this website and support system will be really helpful. I too like many of you was a Weight Watcher for years (and still thinking about going back...AGAIN). After I finished college I was just over 200 pounds and with Weight Watchers was able to get down to 171 in about a year. Unfortunately I am back up to 184. I am getting married July 4th 2009...so it's time to get serious!!!! I know it seems like a long time away...but I also know I need to start now so I'm not stressed and tearing my hair out 3 months before the wedding. I look forward to talking to you all!!!!! Have a great day.

Replies

• alanacara
    alanacara Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Alana and I am 26 years old. I found this website on Project Wedding and I am really excited to get started! Like my profile says I have been fighting my weight since...forever and I think having this website and support system will be really helpful. I too like many of you was a Weight Watcher for years (and still thinking about going back...AGAIN). After I finished college I was just over 200 pounds and with Weight Watchers was able to get down to 171 in about a year. Unfortunately I am back up to 184. I am getting married July 4th 2009...so it's time to get serious!!!! I know it seems like a long time away...but I also know I need to start now so I'm not stressed and tearing my hair out 3 months before the wedding. I look forward to talking to you all!!!!! Have a great day.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi you're in the right place! Congrats on your upcoming wedding, I too am getting married next summer, on August 15th. Good luck to you and welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    We have similar stories. Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!! Welcome! :flowerforyou:

What is Project Welding?
  • alanacara
    alanacara Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for all your immediate responses...this is great. Project wedding (www.projectwedding.com) is a website that I have been using to plan my wedding. It gives you lists of vendors in your area (with reviews by people that have used them), allows you to create a website and talk to others going through similar situations. It's actually similar to this because it has message boards so you can talk to others...which is how I found out about this website!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've just hit my 1 month mark on here and I adore this website. A little too much maybe?? lol ... it's easy to get very involved in this community. But you'll find tons of support for your goals and have a good time doing it!

Nice to meet you!