what the heck!!!

Options
I'm not sure where to put this on the forums, but, I was shopping on my lunch hour today, and had a younger person come up to me and say I smelled good for being a big person!!!

I have never had anyone, especially strangers say things like that to me...I was stunned and a little angry, I just gave him that dumbfounded look and said "huh" and walked away...

I always thought when I heard stories like this, they had to made up, but here I am, telling one...

and what does it mean I smelled good for being a big person????? do only "big" people smell bad???

little twerp!

:grumble: :angry:

Replies

• larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ??? that's odd.. I guess he assumes big people automatically smell bad?? I'd be offended by that, how annoying.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    That is extremely rude and disgusting that someone would actually say that.

Growing up, my mother (who is overweight) would see someone morbidly obese and say that they probably didn't wash themselves, or assume that if there was a bad smell that it would be them. I think some people really think that larger people don't take baths, which is really mean.
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    sounds like something my teenagers would say to me... well except that I smelled good....
  • mscountrygirl39456
    Options
    Maybe he has a family member or a friend of the family or just knows some one that is a bigger person and maybe they don't smell so good......
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Maybe he has a family member or a friend of the family or just knows some one that is a bigger person and maybe they don't smell so good......

Because that's an excuse for bad behavior? No.

OP, I'm sorry that happened. Regardless of his intent, that would suck.

Hey, glad to see your 18lb loss. Keep on with the good work!!
  • mscountrygirl39456
    Options
    No I not saying that's a excuse for bad behavior or bad manners, it never is.... I was trying to say that the reason why he said might have said that is because the bigger person or persons that he knows smells bad, and he might not know any better depending on his age.

And still that's no excuse for him to say it.
  • samdroid
    samdroid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's kind of crossing over into creeper territory.

At least it was a compliment although a bit backhanded.