Losing belly fat

Hello All,
I just started this program on monday. And some days are better than others, but the website has definitely controlled me from eating my usual bad habits. Im 26 years old and have had trouble losing my belly fat in the lower part of my stomach. Are they any remedies that would help out or any help from someone that has had quick success with this. Thank you for reading and too all myfitnesspal friends I wish you the best.

Replies

• ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Hello All,
    I just started this program on monday. And some days are better than others, but the website has definitely controlled me from eating my usual bad habits. Im 26 years old and have had trouble losing my belly fat in the lower part of my stomach. Are they any remedies that would help out or any help from someone that has had quick success with this. Thank you for reading and too all myfitnesspal friends I wish you the best.

Hi Damien,

I am considerably older at 46 but have the same issue and sorry can't help but would also love to know the answer if there is one. I am 11 lbs down and have lost some off of the lower stomach but I did find that eating healthier did result in less bloating which made a noticeable difference.

There are probably some exercises to target the stomach muscles but have a nasty suspicion that the body decides where the fat comes from rather than the eater lol
  • Hello Chris,
    Here is an article that i just read that has some good tips and is also just a good read for men trying to lose some weight. Also, thanks for the reply and nice job with the 11lbs thats a big step in the right direction.

http://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/lose-belly-fat
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    wait for it...
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Fat loss has to come from all over the body... As the percentage drops the appearance of belly fat will diminish. There are exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles, but at the end of the day fat has to come off from everywhere. Anyone is welcome to add me if they need an MFP friend.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Fat loss has to come from all over the body... As the percentage drops the appearance of belly fat will diminish. There are exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles, but at the end of the day fat has to come off from everywhere. Anyone is welcome to add me if they need an MFP friend.

^^ this guy is right

Fat is Fat, you can't target a certain area. You can do a million sit ups and it won't do anything..unless you drop body fat.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member

^^ this guy is right

Fat is Fat, you can't target a certain area. You can do a million sit ups and it won't do anything..unless you drop body fat.

Bingo.
  • Well at least your question has been answered from the above replies. I used to think there was some pill or secret. But I've learned to not be so focused on a certain area when it comes to fat. Just gotta watch how much you eat, be active and especially be patient.
  • ladyredeemed4
    ladyredeemed4 Posts: 72 Member
    Hi there, I wish losing belly fat was quick, but unfortunately it will always be the "hostess" and making room for the excess fat. Like many of the relpy's said that eating healthier will help with that. If you don't like crunches, you can try it on a ball - or I like to sit on the edge of my bed, lift my knees and lean back at the same time. My chiropractor said some of the contributing factors to a big stomach could be trapped gas. If you have excessive gas problems and/or you don't have regular bowel movements, you may want to try a colon cleanse. Be careful in what product you are choosing. I get mine from either the chiropractor or health food store. But be safe and ask your doctor first. Writing down what you eat and exercising can play a big part in your losing the weight. :happy: Best of luck....Angi
  • Hi! I just joined today. I've been searching the internet about belly fat. Here's an interesting article about food allergies and belly fat. I'm going to try his suggestions:
    1. Try an elimination diet for 3 weeks. Cut out the most common food allergens, including gluten, dairy, eggs, corn, yeast, and peanuts. Some people are sensitive to soy, so you can also cut that out.
    2. Eat a whole-foods, plant-based, high-fiber diet. This is essential to feed the good bugs in your gut and to provide the nutrients you need to functional optimally.
    3. Take probiotics daily to boost the healthy bacteria in your gut. Look for those that contain 10 billion CFU of bifidobacteria species and lactobacillus species. Choose from reputable brands.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/are-your-food-allergies-m_b_339323.html