No longer obese!!

Options
I've lost 7kgs (just over 15lbs) since joining MFP, and have just reached my first goal! According to my BMI calculator I am now no longer obese! Still a long way to go to my ultimate goal, but it's incredibly rewarding looking at the scale.

I haven't found it particularly hard so far. I've drastically increased how much exercise I do and stopped drinking too much beer and switched to white wine instead. I now cook every meal for myself so I know exactly what I'm eating and logging every calorie.

Although it's a small step, I couldn't have done it without MFP and everyone on here. When I can't really be bothered going to the gym I take a look at 1 success story here and I'm on the treadmill 15 minutes later.

Thank you all!

Replies

• a84vikes
    a84vikes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats man. That is my first goal as well. Keep up the good work.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well done, and good luck for your next goal.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I look forward to achieving that myself! Another 35lbs to go for me.
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! An excellent start ,and when the numbers start to speak,doesn't it feel good?? !!!!!! :-) Watch out with the gym,it can be very addictive ! :-) Congratulations and best wishes for the rest of your journey!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! It's amazing what we can do when we put our mind to a plan!! :smile:
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done, it's so encouraging to reach a target!
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! A great milestone!
  • SHOOPER44
    Options
    Great job!
  • kimgatorgirl
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep up the good work!!
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! It seems not so much of a small step, but a giant milestone reached. Keep it up. Sounds like you have a great plan to make small changes that will have large, long-term effects!
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What an important milestone! Congrats
  • Godprovidestome
    Options
    Hi I am Christine new to the site.
    I want to congratulate you on your success.
    I wondered if you could off some help to me on how you got your self to exercise. This is the hardest part I am having.
    It would be much appreciated. Maybe we could stay in touch for motivation.

THANKS AND YOUR AWESOME. Your going to meet your goal no doubt.

Christine
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I reach this goal in another thirty pounds...Good work...

Reaan:bigsmile:
  • Inoppy
    Inoppy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

Hi Christine, no problem at all. If you're looking for motivation you're in the right place. Before I started with MFP the thought of getting on a treadmill nearly gave me a cardiac arrest. Now it's a routine, something I just do everyday. I don't even think about it. I will add you as a friend and we can keep in touch.
  • j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! That was my first goal too. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being overweight! :) I'm looking forward to getting there, myself.
  • rosiez321
    Options
    Great Job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!