c25k should I repeat week 6

Options
I just finished week 6 on the zombies, run c25k app (LOVE IT) and I have a dilemma. Should I repeat or go on?

Reason to repeat - I could only run 5 out of 7 minutes in the last run of the session. I completed everything else fine, but I walked 2 minutes in the middle of that last run (ran 2 walked 2 ran 3) Maybe I could have pushed through, but I didn't.

Reason to move on - My pace dramatically improved this week :45 sec per km. So I very much could have pushed too hard to start and wore myself out by that last run. I also really enjoy the story in this app and look forward to hearing the next one so I'm not super excited about listening to the same week again.

I have not repeated a week so far, but I have taken a couple of extra rest days this week. I would love to know your thoughts on the matter. I really don't know which way to go.

Thanks,
M

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Can't hurt to repeat a week. I had to repeat a couple of them, (remedial c25k, lol). This isn't a race to finish, but to accomplishment. It is great to push yourself a little, just no point in killing yourself, just my opinion. Good luck whatever you decide.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't. The nice think about Zombies 5k is that a lot of it is free structured -- you aren't required to run that whole 7 minutes, it's free-form. Run and walk as you need.

As you said, you want to hear the story. So do what you want :) Can't imagine it'd hurt you. If you struggle in Week 7, maybe you could repeat that one instead.
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, I say repeat the week. Going slow in your training is better in some ways because it puts you at a lower risk of injury.
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Repeating a week is better than facing an injury in the next week. :)