Re-starting....but this time I will do it!

Options
Hi all!
I am a restarter, this time I am going to try extra hard....for me! My start date is the 1st Sept, but went for a long walk today and got a run/walk planned with my mate tomorrow night..no excuses!!

Work does my head in, home can be trying so need this for me!

Any friends/motivation/abuse/laughs/advice would be muchly appreciated, but don't be surprised if I fail at the first hurdle.....my major vice is wine!!

Good luck to all on a similar journey! I hope I get to my destination!

Cx

Replies

• haylsquish
    haylsquish Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    All that matters is that you're giving it a go, C :)
    I have another 5 stone to go, so we're in this together!

Hayley
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. This is my first time on mfp but my second real atrempt at weight loss
  • loljohnjk
    loljohnjk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in your boat! Trying again, hoping for it work better this time around. :)
    I'm John. Good luck to you both!
  • loljohnjk
    loljohnjk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All three of you, actually! lol
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you on round 2. You got this! :)
  • jus_Taryn
    jus_Taryn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You and I are so similar!! Lol I am in to it for about a week then stop for no reason. It does help to have someone else committed with you. Or maybe putting money into something like a gym membership or class with keep you motivated.

I know with me my dog has been keeping me motivated. She has a internal alarm clock that causes her to wake me up at 7 am so I can take her on a walk. We've been walking for about 3 miles every morning but with time it WILL go up and I will stay motivated.

Find your daily motivation!!
  • tiffanyrbarnes2
    Options
    Hello ,
    I just want you to know that you are not alone. I restarted mines also today exactly a few minutes ago. I have to stick to it this time and I will. This just may be our year. Good luck
  • sticki
    sticki Posts: 9
    Options
    I re-started three weeks ago.....I first started 2 yrs ago and lost 17 lbs to reach my goal weight ( an initial very realistic goal, I planned on losing more after I hit the first goal).......I felt great and was so proud of myself but with one thing and another (a constant stream of family visiting) the weight crept back on, not all of it but most. So, here I am again, I am doing the same as I was before except for upping the exercise to at least 5 times a week.....but I find that the weight is coming off more slowly......maybe because i am a couple of years older??? Anyway I want to keep at it....I felt great lat time....good luck to all :)
  • TelleBelles
    TelleBelles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I am not alone. Had a bad week, but am determined to organise my life and get this sorted!! Good luck to all the re-starters!
    xx
  • Chellebear01
    Chellebear01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a round two as well. My start date was also September 1st. This time I know I will be able to stick with it as I have friends involved as well.
    Good luck to everyone! We can do this!
  • newbeginnings06
    Options
    :smile: feel free to add me..im doing this again
  • JoQuinn523
    JoQuinn523 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am with you I will do it this time - ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    FYI........... :heart: wine :drinker:
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I just re started about a month ago, and have been sticking to it pretty well. I am happy for you (or anyone on this thread) to add me as a friend for shared motivation and support
  • Divia09
    Divia09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm happy that your restarting. When times get hard to keep going I usually tell myself doesn't give up what you really want for what looks good now. feel free to add me.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I joined last Thursday, but I am determined to do this on my own. I have learned, a lot already, and know what needs attention. Three days, and I feel great, already. A week, from now, and I should be back to my good old self. Detoxed, and full of energy. Thanks, to MFP!
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day...every day is a new start. :-) Don't get upset about set-backs, they are bound to happen. Just move forward. You can do it!!! One step at a time! Good luck! Feel free to add me!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, welcome back! i am sending a friend request your way! we can give support & encouragement for each other!
  • beachbebe
    beachbebe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Starting again is better than giving up! I've been off MFP while maintaining weight using other apps for most of 2013. I'm back on MFP today with a goal to shed an average of 2 lbs a week to drop 20 lbs by race day for November Marathon.