All of a sudden anything fried/oily makes me sick

Options
Been eating healthy for 2 month now , but today my dad bought some fried chicken and they looked so good so i ate.

Now i feel a bit sick and my stomach feels terrible. Anyone else get this?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's amazing how the stuff we ate now makes us feel yucky. Maybe we were feeling yucky all along but now that we've felt good we don't want to go back.
  • Pixilox
    Pixilox Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yep. I no longer eat anything fried because if I do I feel that way too.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The healthier I eat, the more I crave fried food.

Fried chicken...mmm....

Different strokes for different folks...
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yup. Same thing happened to recently. I really, really, REALLY wanted some onion rings, so when my son got his driver's license last month and he wanted to go out for a milkshake to celebrate, I thought "Score! We'll go to the joint that has really good milkshakes and onion rings!" Two onion rings into my "treat," I started to feel sick. A few onion rings later, and I had my son throw out the rest of them. (I have a problem throwing away perfectly good food - one of the reasons I struggle with weight - but in a strong moment I can walk away). I have been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, and less processed and/or high fat foods, and my body is getting used to it. In fact, I've started to crave my green smoothie each day when I don't make one. And I think it's a good sign that my body isn't so used to the high fat foods. Now if the same thing could just happen with brownies...
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way too. It doesn't even taste good anymore either. All I can taste now is all the nasty oil saturating everything. It grosses me out just thinking about it.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. At first the stuff looked good and I ate, now I look at it, and it looks gross!
  • Akumu
    Akumu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Same thing here. If I eat bad food every day I have no problem. If I eat moderately clean for even a few days, and then get McD's or something like that, I'm sick within thirty minutes so I just don't bother anymore.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Same here. Anything too fatty or too much sugar makes me feel awful. Like nauseous need to puke and take a nap.
  • PudgyQ
    PudgyQ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, so funny-since I quit eating chocolate while eating cleaner, I don't crave it at all. I even had a diet coke the other day and it was way too sweet. Or maybe it was the rum? ;) but I don't think so...
    I even bought my son some swedish berries as a treat and I didn't even have the inclination to scoop a few.
    That's huge for me, I have a HUGE sweet tooth.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You might have a wheat/gluten intolerance. When you eat healthy, foods with these ingredients are usually eliminated.
  • ithina
    Options
    I get that with sugary food. I used to be able to eat dessert stuff like nobodies business.. a few years of hardly eating any dessert and limiting my sugar intake and my taste buds have changed. I can eat a bite or two, but not a whole slice of cake with frosting usually. It's just too much. Even soda tastes different.

Fried greasy food is another story.. Getting my fat intake for the day to be about 30% of my calories is a challenge. It seems like almost every food I like has a good dose of fat in it.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yepp. After being vegetarian for almost 3yrs. now anything fast food, and even stuff from restaurants like Chilis makes me absolutely sick to the point of where I just about puke. It's actually kind of amazing. Shows you how disgusting that stuff really is.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I had Dairy Queen's $5 lunch, the chicken strip basket. Within 10 mins, I felt soooo pukish. I thoroughly believe the grease made me feel so yucky.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You might have a wheat/gluten intolerance. When you eat healthy, foods with these ingredients are usually eliminated.

I learned this about myself after transitioning to veggie then vegan. I didn't know I was having an issue with gluten, and didn't realize I felt crummy because that's how I always felt. After cleaning all of the stuff out of my diet that didn't agree with me and going natural, it made a huge difference. I haven't tested myself with a big bowl of gluten pasta or deep fried Twinkies, but I did have to pacify my great aunt at my family reunion by having a bowl of her gumbo. It didn't take long for me to feel that there was gluten in it. Turns out, she thickened it with a wheat flour.
  • SeriousBen
    SeriousBen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Some people would like to believe that their body no longer "likes" junk food but in my opinion, GUILT plays the larger role in this phenomenon.

When you eat junk, you realize that it's not worth it so it becomes gross and makes you feel sick. Feeling guilty is a very good appetite killer.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I still like junk food, but I find that when I do eat it, I want a much smaller portion than I used to, and I feel gross if I eat more than that.