Starting Insanity September 1, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Got my discs and started today. The fit test was hard for me :( but I can only hope I get better...99% of my problem is a genuine overwhelming feeling of 'can't be bothered'. Sometimes it can take a lot of to get past that, also I see myself as so unfit that I struggle to see that I am doing well so end up convincing myself I'm not keeping up and so drop out.

I have to admit I feel quite motivated for this and think if I can get my mental state right I should do well. I have to do fitness tests at work a lot and whilst they aren't overly taxing I have the same mental issue but pass every time! Hoping Shaun T will kick the 'stupid' out of me so I can be confident in my physical abilities and drop some of the extra me at the same time :)

SW = 162lbs
    Height = 5ft 2in

It wont "kick the stupid "out of you. but keep in mind the following if you want to be successfull
    #1 while you attemp 1 rep ( of what ever exercise) they may have already completed 10. They are that fast
    #2 Pause the DVD and do 10 reps of that exercise.
    #3 They are extreamly fit, and you can see them start to crash by the 30min mark of the DVD.
    #4 Go at your own pace
  • VRJ_newday
    Options
    I stared the program again today.. I lost 55lbs doing it.. Had a broken leg and havent worked out in months and gained 40lbs back, kinda fell back into bad habits.. I'm all clear to work out... It felt good to start again! Good luck on your journey!
  • MisguidedRoses
    MisguidedRoses Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 of Insanity. So far so good. It definitely pushes you but I'm ready for it. Also I get so much energy after working out!
    Feel free to add me
  • bb1266
    bb1266 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing a boot camp type class called Insanity at the gym. It's six weeks, twice a week for 30 minutes each session. This doesn't sound exactly like what you guys are all doing, but I'm not sure. My question is whether I should do it. I'm old and fat. I have reasonable muscles, but not a lot of endurance. Suggestions?

You're weight doesn't much matter, but whether insanity is for you depends on the strength of your joints and overall cardiovascular health. Definitely consult with your doctor about starting a program like this. If your doctor approves, then just take insanity slow. You build strength with time, and may not endure all the exercises, but the next few times you'll see improvement.
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    krnwife - On Insanity Im supposed to be eating 1900cals. You dont eat back your exercise calories so if I burnt 500 then net is 1400 which isnt too high. I havent hit the 1900 target yet and probably wont, (more like 1700ish) but my net has been around the 1200-1300 mark. Im only on Week 1 and dont intend to weigh in for a couple of weeks so will see how it goes. I was trying to eat 1200 plus eat my exercise calories back when I did the first round and my weight loss was not brilliant.
  • AnnaaaZ
    Options
    I'll be starting it on the 9th!!! I did half of it about a month ago and then got sick and now i am back at it starting from the very beginning. The results were fantastic the first time around. Anyone else starting it a week late?
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine and it should arrive tomorrow (9/6). Planning to start on Saturday, so will be a week late as well. Excited to start but a little nervous after reading the posts! :ohwell:
  • runnerlorena
    runnerlorena Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started on Sept. 2! The fit test was rough, but I'm happy that I've kept at it these couple of days. I'm actually excited to go home and do the workout. :) I have a feeling that this is going to end well! :D
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started 27 August 2013! Feel free to add me for support :)
  • MsJossie
    MsJossie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting it on the 9th!!! I did half of it about a month ago and then got sick and now i am back at it starting from the very beginning. The results were fantastic the first time around. Anyone else starting it a week late?

I'm starting on the 9th too... For the first time tho.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I'm starting on the 9th too... For the first time tho.

I'm starting on the 9th as well! Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra support. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a tad bit scared...
  • DnDad
    DnDad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started on Monday (Sept 2nd) it's definitely killer, but in a good way.

Invested in a HRM and am burning 500-600 cal per workout !!

KEEP PUSHING!
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing a boot camp type class called Insanity at the gym. It's six weeks, twice a week for 30 minutes each session. This doesn't sound exactly like what you guys are all doing, but I'm not sure. My question is whether I should do it. I'm old and fat. I have reasonable muscles, but not a lot of endurance. Suggestions?

You're weight doesn't much matter, but whether insanity is for you depends on the strength of your joints and overall cardiovascular health. Definitely consult with your doctor about starting a program like this. If your doctor approves, then just take insanity slow. You build strength with time, and may not endure all the exercises, but the next few times you'll see improvement.

True but by the time she builds endurance, month two kicks in and it only gets much much harder
  • cpsoroff
    cpsoroff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am going on week three. I thought I was going to follow the eating plan, but I am not doing a very good job of it. I do eat healthy most of the time. However, I do like my wine on Saturday evening! The second week I found the hardest, as I am in the school system and the first week back to school with kids, was very hard. However, I still did them. Not sure if I am seeing any results, still haven't weighed myself, but my clothes still fit the same. Maybe week three!!
  • cpsoroff
    cpsoroff Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I add weights twice a week and Yoga two to three times a week. I want to keep the definition in my arms from weights, and Yoga is great for peace of mind, I have to admit it is difficult to put two workouts in a day, when working full time.
  • Dbelaine
    Dbelaine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I finished month 1 and barely started month 2. Had to take a break due to illness and foot treatment. Love it, miss it and need to get back into it... My stats are similar to yours at 151 lbs...
  • J_Ley
    J_Ley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on August 27, but that's pretty close to Sept 1! I did day 12 today.

Stats: I started at 142, completed a Chalean Extreme challenge, did most of P90X, and some Turbo Fire. When I was doing CLX and P90X, and I was pretty good about counting calories and saw great results. I went down to 127lbs, but gained some over the summer and am now 133lbs. I'm back to counting calories. :/

The Insanity workouts are great so far, although they do get a little monotonous, but I can deal with that. I always feel really good afterward, and omg I sweat a ton which must mean something!

Glad I found this group!
  • J_Ley
    J_Ley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started insanity yesterday (1 september), would like to join this group for support if that's ok?

Stat's:
    5'3"
    Current weight: 140lbs
    Goal weight: 120-126lbs

We have similar goals and stats, other than current weight. Not sure if you still check this, but thought I'd say hello!
  • I am starting insanity today! I have found from others that you get the most results while following the nutrition plan. My goal is to take in the necessary amount of calories for this diet but skip their dinner suggestions and follow my own recipes for dinner. I plan on using the nutrition guide for breakfast lunch and my 2 snacks.

Can't wait to see if this works!
  • Jflores8411
    Options
    I started September 7th!!! Today is day 3 :)