Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women, tell me your weight lifting routine.

13»

Replies

• McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength....just google them.

^This^

Easy to follow for beginners. I am new to weight lifting and I am glad I chose this program. I am now completed week 8. :smile:
  • Bump for later.
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Bumping for later.
  • Bump
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    I've been following the Ultimate Female Training Guide, found here: http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

I just finished my second week and I'm really liking it so far. (Got my deadlift up to 105 yesterday!!! For me, that was really exciting to get into a triple digit. :p )
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Bump
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    bump!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    I began with Starting Strength for barbell work, and Enter The Kettlebell for kettlebell training.
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Bump for later. I've been looking to change up my routine!
  • For my arms.. I like doing a lot of strength workouts using just my own body weight. Push ups. Normal, elevated, inclined. Handstand push ups up against a wall. Pull ups. Tricep dips.

Consistent reps and breaks in between. I noticed a huge difference in my strength since I started doing intense workouts using just my own body weight. Builds a really strong core as well, and burns a whole lot of calories.

Weights are fun too. They burn plenty of calories. A good thing to know about weights is make sure you have very proper posture.