its like a bad accident.....

Options
StacLegg
StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
I just HAVE to look when I walk by the building that has the wonderful reflecting windows...... and I pray that ~ that is not realllllllly what I look like!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: it stresses me out, and yet, EVERY time I walk by it, I LOOK!!!!! ugh!!!! :mad:
but the success in the story is I walk to work, home for lunch, back to work and home..... its only 7-8 blocks.... but its 10 mins each time and I speed walk it! :bigsmile:
I keep telling myself when I walk by the building..... that girl in the reflection will not always look like that.......... she is changing her ways!!!!
I hope I see a change soooooon............ I'm ready for change!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    LOL I feel exactly the same way when I see my reflection. :noway: That can't REALLY be me - CAN IT??

Good for you for changing your ways and yes, that 10 min walk will change that reflection in the window. You go, girl :bigsmile:
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The day that you are walking by and catch a glance of the new YOU, you are going to be blown away!! In the meantime, try to use it in a positive light - use it as motivation to work HARD!

When I do workout DVDs at home, I do them in front of a mirror, with no shirt on - just a sports bra, that way I can really see my body and my trouble spots (especially when I'm jumping around doing cardio) and it makes me push much harder when I can see myself - try to look at it that way!

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!

-Molly
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel... I always look the other way! Even in a store where there are mirrors, I look the other way
  • StacLegg
    Options
    I am doing a step aerobics class twice a week and even though I stay in the back row, the whole front wall is mirror..... tonight I stood in the middle of the back row and had a straight shot to the mirror. It made me cringe..... but it also motivated me! Its hard being the only fat girl in the class 90% of the time..... but I pushed myself and finished strong tonight!! I can't wait to see some changes.... I hope its soon.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I used to feel the same way. And guess what? That reflect can and WILL change if you just keep making healthier choices and getting some physical exercise in. :)

I've lost 55 lbs and that reflection has changed for me. Now I smile when I see the reflection. I still have a long way to go but every day that I make healthy choices I bring myself closer to goal!

You can do this, sweetie! WE can do this!
  • jabsgirl
    Options
    I know how you feel... It is pretty hard for me to look at my reflection and not cringe. What's good for you is now you are walking to and from work... I'm sure in no time you are going to like what you see :smile: Shoot, I wish I could walk to work.. not only would it be better for my body but it would be better for my wallet too! LOL
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel,,I don't:smile::flowerforyou: :drinker: like to look at myself in the mirror either. I know that walking to and from work will make your reflection change more rapidly than you think....soon you will see a new you in those windows..you are awesome and you can do this.....keep up the good work.....you are doing great.....we can do this!!!!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My office is on the ground floor, window seat and guess what? I SEE everyone who walks by, looking at themselves!! They all look - even the skinny ones - and you know what? Not a single one of them, no matter their weight, looks at themselves in those windows and SMILES - NOT ONE.

Love yourself. Love yourself for who you are and what you look like now. Love yourself when you are walking by. Love yourself when you are working out and catch yourself in the mirror. Love yourself every second of the day because you are wonderful. My Mom has a saying, "God don't make junk". You are not junk. You are beautiful now and you'll be beautiful when you reach your goal weight.

You are doing great - keep it up, look at yourself in those windows and SMILE.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I work in a physical therapy clinic, and every wall is all mirror! It sucks!! Though I do notice the loss now, and it helps my posture, lol!!
  • StacLegg
    Options
    you guys are all so good for my self esteem!!!! I just love you guys!!!!!!!!!! =)
  • mykaar74
    Options
    seems like it's working. keep on walking by that glass it's your motivation... :-)

when i would take my trash out every morning I would avoid the reflective glass but when i walked past it & caught my view & realized that my muffin top was becoming smaller shucks now I make trash to take out in the morning just to look in it, and i brought a full sized mirror
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    I also look and just don't see that person being me. I hate to look but I always do hoping to see something better. I am so thankful we are doing this together. I can't wait to share more success and to see your success !!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I didnt even look hun!! Not for a long time! :noway:

But I must admit, when I couldnt help it the other day, I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw :love:

The hard work pays off, trust me. You will be able to smile at your reflection a lot quicker than you think :bigsmile:
  • cindil
    Options
    That is SOOOOOOOOOO funny!
  • StacLegg
    Options
    I also look and just don't see that person being me. I hate to look but I always do hoping to see something better. I am so thankful we are doing this together. I can't wait to share more success and to see your success !!

I am so glad we are doing this together too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My Mom has a saying, "God don't make junk". You are not junk. You are beautiful now and you'll be beautiful when you reach your goal weight.

I like that a lot! :flowerforyou:
  • cindil
    Options
    What I meant to say was making trash to take out to the dumpster was funny, NOT hating to look in the window or mirrors....I hate that too.!
    That is SOOOOOOOOOO funny!
    [/quote]
  • awood75
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! It's easy to let your mind get the best of you. You're doing great so keep on keeping on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!