Started Couch to 5K on June 19....

Options
Axe34
Axe34 Posts: 37 Member
...and I just ran my first (non-race) half-marathon this morning in the pouring rain. 22K in 2:28:30.

I'm ahead of schedule -- the plan was 5K race this fall, 10K next spring, half-marathon next fall and a full marathon the year after that. New schedule is half-marathon Oct. 20. A 5, 10 and half next spring/summer and a full next fall.

As I was approaching the end of today's run, the Foo Fighters' I'll Stick Around came on my iPod. One of the lines in that song is "I don't owe you anything" which Dave screams over and over. All I could think about was my depression (I have major depressive disorder and have been off work on disability for almost two years now) and I started yelling it too -- I don't owe it anything. Not my time, not my peace of mind -- nothing.

Although I'm sure the sight of a lunatic running in the rain, screaming at the top of his lungs was probably a little disconcerting to the motorists passing me. =-)

1186676_10153224419290174_2128751710_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_rTTsZZ9KE

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Great job man, and great time for a beginner!
  • aliagraves
    aliagraves Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. My goal is to run in a half marathon as well and I suffer from sever panic disorder. I really needed to read this post today!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!