Open Diaries

Options
When I peek around at diaries, I always feel like mine isn't "appropriate". I have beer, wine, chips, candy, red meat, etcetera in my diaries. Then I remember that I'm not dieting; I'm making a lifestyle change, and it's okay to have all those things that I love in moderation, especially since I exercise my butt off so I can have them. So I may never lose 5 pounds in a week, but I feel like what I'm doing is sustainable and will make me successful for the rest of my life. :)

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Just do you and be happy. That's all that matters, really.

Also my diary is open for...idk, another 30 minutes. Feel free to check it out and take in all of the 'bad' foods I eat if you're so inclined.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    UM BEER WINE CHIPS CANDY AND RED MEAT ISNt a lifestyle change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    alcohol w ill kill y ou
    and your liver
  • Achrya
    Options
    UM BEER WINE CHIPS CANDY AND RED MEAT ISNt a lifestyle change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if I didn't partake of beer, wine, chips, candy, and read meat before? Is it a lifestyle change then?
  • MinimizingMichelle
    Options
    alcohol w ill kill y ou
    and your liver

You must be a lot of fun to hang out with.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I closed my diary because I got tired of people sending me messages scolding me for eating only 1-2 servings of veggies or for adding sugar to my cereal.

Don't judge others and don't 'let the actions of others bother you. You can certainly get great ideas from others, but ultimately you need to find what works best for you and go with it.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I think you're not looking at the right diaries. Mine is full of crap. But it's full of crap I like and most of the time, I meet my goals. So I'm good. There's no booze in mine, but that's only because I just don't like drinking-nothing against it, and if I liked drinking, it'd be in there too.
  • skylark94
    Options

One does not have to give up any of those things to be healthy. Moderation. Moderation. Moderation.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Everything in moderation miz buzzkill. There is nothing wrong with those foods. :noway:

*she says drinking wine*
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    alcohol w ill kill y ou
    and your liver

You must be a lot of fun to hang out with.

I actually lol-ed to this comment....mostly b/c I was thinking the same thing when I read it, then scrolled down a few comments and BAM, there was my thought process written by you :)

I LOVE my cherry vodka with a can of coke or sprite, chips, cookies, candy, chocolate, and I do have an iced cappaccino everyday from Tim Hortons. Don't tell me children, but I also get into their school snacks at night too....mmmmm, dunkaroos, gushers, etc.
    I FULLY believe that as long as it fits into your calorie allottment for the day (or its a cheat day for you), have a blast and eat what you want. I personally do not keep my diary open just b/c I don't want to hear the nay-sayers b**ch and complain about what I am eating - my opinion, if I wanted to read what you have to say I'll ask you, otherwise leave me alone.....hey wait, I'm like that about all the gossip and bs in real life too lol
  • MinimizingMichelle
    Options

One does not have to give up any of those things to be healthy. Moderation. Moderation. Moderation.

Hear, hear!
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

Judge much?

By looking at your message board posting history...you must think you're perfect! Let me tell you something, you are FAAARRRRR from perfect...just like everyone else round here!

Maybe you should get off your pedestal...because if you don't, I promise...one day someone will snatch you off and bring you back to reality!

eta: :drinker: im drinking a giant margarita...and its delish :bigsmile:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I'm so dead, I had Top Sirloin steak, Baked Potato, and 2 Beers for supper and am going to eat some ice cream later this evening... Might as well just throw in the towel....... Ugh!!!!:sad:
  • MinimizingMichelle
    Options

I'm so dead, I had Top Sirloin steak, Baked Potato, and 2 Beers for supper and am going to eat some ice cream later this evening... Might as well just throw in the towel....... Ugh!!!!:sad:

This made me laugh so hard!
  • skylark94
    Options

Cheeseteak for me. Washed down with some Everclear Apple Pie (cider, apple juice, sugar, and grain alcohol) YUM!
  • Achrya
    Options

Just stay fat.

Also send some of that steak my way, plskthx
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i mean, i don't drink because i am pansy beyond belief, but i have ground beef almost every day.

i also eat fudgsicles 5+ times a week because they're delicious little 40 calorie nuggets of happiness and they have 2 grams of fiber. do i care? nay!

yer diary is fine girl. eat drink be merry and look hot.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Just stay fat.

Also send some of that steak my way, plskthx

hehehe you got it!! I cooked up 2 lbs. and have some leftover (not much mind you but I will share) :drinker:
  • MinimizingMichelle
    Options
    i mean, i don't drink because i am pansy beyond belief, but i have ground beef almost every day.

i also eat fudgsicles 5+ times a week because they're delicious little 40 calorie nuggets of happiness and they have 2 grams of fiber. do i care? nay!

yer diary is fine girl. eat drink be merry and look hot.

I friggen love fudgesicles!
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about learning what ****ty foods you're willing to give up and what scrumptious foods you can't live with out. French fries, milk, mashed potatoes, mac&cheese, processed meats (sammich meat, hotdogs, chicken nuggets), soda, sweet tea and cheesecake- all that stuff just isn't worth it to me anymore. I don't enjoy it enough -vs- the calories they pack. (and this "list" varies for everyone!)

Over time I've come to realize there are a few things I can totally work into my new eating habits that are delicious and fine in moderation. Looking over my diary you'll see lots of sushi, hard apple ciders, Gouda, nut butters, pasta, fruit, nuts, chips & salsa and some cake from time to time.(This list also varies a lot for everyone!) Not an ideal 'whole food' diet, but that's honestly not what I'm aiming for, so I'm cool with it. Like you and others have said, I'm trying find a new way to function not just a short term fad to get me halfway to a goal. :)

Don't worry about others, seriously. I learned this little 'nugget' from a support group once; when you are in a group of people sharing about their experiences, strengths and hopes- eat the meat and leave the bones. Meaning- take the good ideas, good advice you find applicable, attitudes and applications you find fitting, meal ideas and exercise routines you can fall in love with- and leave the rest behind. You won't always fit into someone else's mold but you fit perfectly in yours.

Keep enjoying YOUR life and let those fogies stay 'dry' :P