Any keto/low carbers out there?

Options
Just wanted to make new friends and share advice and get ideas from your macros. Holler!

Replies

• georgesanchez7737
    georgesanchez7737 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    since I am watching my Blood Glucose and staying away from meds, I have been doing low carb/keto for about 6 months, lost 30 lbs and then platoed, now after one week of MFP I have lost 6 lbs! my macros are 5 carbs, 40 protein and 55 fat. what I realized is that MFP makes it super easy to be inside those macro ratios and the portion sizes are making the weight loss happen, never hungry and super energy, 1 hour plus of MTBK a day!

George.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    there are a few groups here for low carb/keto including http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group

just search the groups, im sure you'll find one for you
  • FaceOfBear15
    FaceOfBear15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Brandon, I'm on keto myself, so feel free to add me if you want to get an idea what my specific diet looks like. I've been doing keto for about 3 months now, with very little cheats, and I've lost about 30 pounds so far. I've got a good idea how the diet works, but I'm always trying to learn as much as I can as well! Let me know if you have any decent tips!

- Tyler
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Me! Been on keto for about almost 2 months!
  • sugarlobster
    sugarlobster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    me too - just started! did the Atkins diet about 10 yrs ago and it worked great. but now the lb have been piling up and so I've decided to give it a go again. It'a a diet that makes sense to me. this time I have to lose around 40lb, so will definitely need some buddies! do add me if you want.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Keto for 3 months.. Open diary
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb since I found out I had PCOS and Insulin Resistance. I've lost 101 pounds in the last 16 months. Would love to add you or anyone as a friend! I'm currently Gluten Free!

Open diary.
  • mo11ybloom
    Options
    Just started doing keto, 5% carb, 35% protein, 65% fat. I've only been doing it for 4 days, so only water weight lost so far, but I AM looking for friends on here! Feel free to add me!
  • mahoganyjules
    mahoganyjules Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been ketoing for a full week now! I'm looking for other low carbers, too. Gonna 'friend' you ladies.
  • zel520
    Options
    Love low carb dieting! It's been the easiest for me personally. Plus, diabetes runs in my family so I have been watching sugar and being more aware of it.
  • zel520
    Options
    good luck! I'm back on induction (atkins) and have been feeling great. keep up the awesome work!.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I log daily and comment a lot (probably too much for some people, lol)

Ive been following Keto since November and lost 65 pounds no more meds for insulin resistance.

I would love to be a supportive part of your life :)
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I actually just started myself. I'm really anxious to see how I do with this.
  • viperk1
    viperk1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thatsa me.

I find one thing that really helps is cooking all my own food.
  • McLizzie17
    Options
    Keto too. Been on for about 2 weeks!
  • tenaya202
    tenaya202 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started keto, I'm on day four now. Had my first "keto flu" headache today...please tell me it doesn't get much worse!
  • Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    First up I'll say that when I talk low carb I mean low amounts of starchy, sugary carbs like rice, bread, pasta, alcohol and spuds. I still eat a lot of other vegetables though. I have been on a ketogenic diet about 6 months now, and I have lost at least 15lbs of fat but cycling and weights have added some muscle. The flab around my belly has gone from about 1.5" to 0.5" and I can see more muscle definition and veins now.

The biggest difference for me is that I don't feel hungry after meals like I do when I carbs, (seriously, eating food that makes you hungry an hour later can't be right.) and I'm not continuously thinking about food between meals. I eat at a deficit but still feel more satiated after eating keto-type foods than eating more calories with starch and sugar in them.

MFP seems to be a bit anti-keto at times so I'd recommend having a read over at http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/ there's a good FAQ, lots of info and support. Read about it so you know what to expect but remember it will won't work if you cheat or deviate - you have to want to do it.
    Good luck!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my carbs as low as possible, I try and cut out bread and pasta, Im greatly reducing the amount of potatoes I eat, but I wont cut out my fruit and veg.
    Ive noticed my tummy feels far less bloated and looking flatter.

Anyone feel free to add me.