Current Temptation

Options
Okay, so I've been doing FANTASTIC with keeping near my calorie goals for months now (with the occasional overage 2 or 3 days/month because of sporting events and what not). Today, I am seriously jonesing for some McDonald's chicken nuggets and a Wendy's frosty. I'm sitting here debating whether or not I should go out and get a 4-piece or a Jr. Frosty just to curb the craving.... Yes, I know it's not healthy eating, but sometimes I think it's healthy to satisfy your cravings (within reason, of course). Just thought I'd get it off my chest is all... :)

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    a little in moderation is fine.... go out for a walk to make up for it.....
  • Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I say go for a kids frosty. It's a better choice than the nuggets (not to mention I don't like them), and a treat every once in a while won't hurt. Just try not to make it a habit.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    Go get the smallest sized Frosty. I think that when you deny yourself what you're craving you end up getting resentful of your diet. If you can treat your cravings while staying within your calorie goals (or burn it off with some an extra workout) then you should satisfy your craving within moderation.

This is a lifestyle change, after all. It's silly to say you'll never have another Frosty and frankly dangerous to say 'I'll have a Frosty once I've lost all this weight". That's how it comes creeping back on!
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well they say that if you give yourself some room to reward yourself it helps those cravings and it will boost you metabolism and help in the long run as long as it is in moderation and far between
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Splurge from time to time. I see no problem with it.

I can't eat at Wendy's or McDonald's again. I haven't in years and years now. And I'm trying to adopt the same thoughts about most of them. That's not a treat to me. If I want a treat I go out and have dinner in a restaurant because the cost is about the same. But I remember when I liked McDonald's chicken nuggets (12 years old they were a big thing back then with hot mustard sauce) and same for Wendy's. One day my wife said I'm not eating there anymore (Wendy's) because I don't think their burgers are very good. She has a point with places like Whataburger and Dan's around.

The kids are the ones who want that stuff really bad though. They seem to like Sonic but get it seldom.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think having a little treat every once in awhile is necessary to help you keep on track. If you deprive yourself it just makes you more likely to fail. If I want a little treat, I'll usually do a little extra in the gym that way I don't feel guilty about it.
  • emersoam
    Options
    The chicken mcnuggets aren't that bad! Go for it. That's actually one of the best things you can order from mcd's!

Personally, i'd skip the frosty...absolutely no nutritional value and high calories for what it is.

Find another sweet, chocolately treat with less calories maybe?

And...I think everyone should learn to relax about these relatively little "treats!" No one is going to become obese over one frosty (even if it was once per week!) Add some mileage on to an evening walk or something!!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I keep rice crispy treats in my loft @ all times