What do you do for evening snack cravings?

Options
I do well during the day, but in the evening it seems like all I want to do is snack, snack, snack.

Replies

• clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I used to try not snacking. Now I simply accept that I will and plan it into my day. I try to include protein in my snacks because I find it curbs my appetite. I also do things like tapping away on this site, call friends, etc.
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Protein shake or Yogurt!
  • JMINGRAM78
    JMINGRAM78 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I snack on hummus or edamane
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I snack, It is simple, save calories to let yourself enjoy snacks, or get in some exercise to make room. Remember to eat like you plan on eatting for the rest of your life, and life is not worth living without good snacks.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I don't really feel snackish in the evening, but if I do, I would have it because I'm usually low in my calories. If you have space, why not?
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I try not to let myself snack in front of the tv. If I am hungry enough to eat in the kitchen, I tend to eat less. I like pistachios, yogurt, an apple, or air popped popcorn. I think protein is always a good idea.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have always saved calories for my evening snacks...... Speaking of which... It is about that time.... <Scurry's away to the kitchen to get a chocolate snack> :drinker:
  • prattylessfatty
    prattylessfatty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cut up green peppers into long strips, cucumber halves, carrots, grapes, apple slices in different baggies on Sunday and eat them every night. They won't go bad within a week and you will always have something healthy and "munchy" on hand. Prep is the key to success. Lack of prep results in wandering eyes and hands into the wrong things in moments of desperate hunger. Good luck!
  • LadyKaie
    Options
    Soups are awesome, because the spoon only holds so much, so you aren't absentmindedly reaching for a handful of something to munch on. Go for clear broths, and omit the crackers. Lentil soup, onion soup and minestrone are good choices, and a good way to sneak in an extra half serving of vegetables. Of course, if you aren't sure what you want to eat, try a cup of tea or glass of water... sometimes, we're just thirsty.
  • Mskitty3132
    Options
    popcorn, popcorn, popcorn!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake with cottage cheese and either peanut flour or fruit and protein powder. It tastes like a milkshake and makes me feel really full because of all the protein. One of those and I'm good all night. PM me if you want a recipe or two.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    fruit..raspberries, blueberries, strawberries...mmmmm
  • TaraJx4
    TaraJx4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I allow for myself to have a snack in the evening. I know I'm going to snack anyways, so may as well plan for it lol! One of my favorite evening snacks is an apple with peanut butter to dip. It gives me the crunch that I like instead of say pretzels or a bag of chips. I find apples to be very filling, so it holds me over until morning time.

Other snacks I like to have are mixed nuts, popcorn and fruit with yogurt
  • tinychuck
    tinychuck Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes
    Slice of toast
    Porridge/oatmeal (who says it's just for breakfast?)
    Some raisins/nuts
    Sugar free jelly
  • AtlantisLoss
    AtlantisLoss Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    chewing gum and mints!
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone who replied. I will definitely be using the advice.