Where can I buy hand weights in NYC?

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm going to start the 30 day shred tomorrow but the only hand weights I have are 5 lbs and I think I should start with 3s or 2s. Does anyone know where I can go in NYC (I'm in midtown Manhattan so I'm pretty close to anything on the island) to get them today? I know most people usually order them but I just realized that if I used my 5s that I'd die so I'd love to find somewhere I can get them before tomorrow.

Thanks!

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Just use google maps and type in "sporting good store near" and put your address. It'll definitely list a few near you. Also, if you have plastic water bottles, fill them up with water and use those as light weights until you get actual ones. 5 lbs might not be too much for some of the exercises. By halfway thru Level 1, I was using only my 5 lb weights.
  • Aamilah
    Aamilah Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I brought mines at Target. You can also go to Walmart.
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    There is a Modells next to Grand Central Station on 42nd st. They have pretty cheap hand weights. :

(right off Vanderbilt.. but as far as major streets go, its between 5 ave and lexington if I remember correctly. )
  • e1ny
    e1ny Posts: 29
    Options
    Dance stores (Capezio, Danskin) also carry 3 lb weights sometimes. Check if one of those is near you if there are no sports stores listed nearby.
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks guys! The water bottle idea is really good! I also went to their site and there is a Modells in Times Square which is even closer to me! And they have 7$ 3 lb wrist weights! Whoo Hoo! You guys rock :-)
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    That is so funny I always figured it would be easy to find anything you want in NYC, but I guess if you don't know where to look. I live out in the wilderness compared to you, if I were to ever walk to a store it would be a marathon!