Maintenance friends wanted

Options
13»

Replies

• AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Looking for some more maintenance friends that aren't 'exactly in their twenties' anymore...
    I'm Ann, from Belgium, celebrating my 51st birthday next week.
    I'm 5'1'' and just 100 lbs.
    I lost 23 lbs (that sounds much more than the 11 kgs I lost) over the past few years.

I know that 100 lbs sounds unhealthy, but according to the 'new BMI' (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9816596/Interactive-calculator-do-you-win-or-lose-with-the-new-BMI.html) I'm on a BMI of 20 - remember I'm rather small!

I started running when I was 46, and started running on low HR (Maffetone method) about two years ago. In those 2 years I was able to improve my pace by 2 minutes/km (3 min/mile) although I crossed that '50 y.o. border'.

I'd love to have some more friends who are maintaining too, and I really like it when my friends allow me to have a peek in their diaries (I like to be inspired but someone else's food choices...).
    I like cooking, I bake my own bread, and although not strictly vegetarian, I don't eat meat very often.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have change my goal to avoid maintenance because I have no idea how to start. What do you do? increasing calories slowly? I am on 1490 cal now..i don't ad friends, I feel better doing it on my own.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm also in the maintenance part of this journey. I'm 48, 5'6"; just under 130 (which is my written goal weight; meaning that I like to be a few lbs. under to give me some flex room). Lately, I'm struggling with snacking issues for no good reason (underlying stress, I suppose). So, still my head is not on straight. January 2014 will be 2 years that I've had the bulk of the weight off. Last year around the holiday timeframe and throughout the new year, I managed to pick up around 5 lbs which took me quite awhile to take back off. I figure, I'm a MFP life-timer. I'm good to provide support and motivation, but it's nice to have that reciprocated here and there as well. Feel free to add me. Wishing everyone the best in achieving their goals! :flowerforyou:

Lori
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for three months. Hooray! Achievement Accomplished, right? Well, yes, kind of, but it brings on a whole new set of challenges and disciplines. Sometimes, it's downright difficult to not "diet," when that's what I've been thinking of most of my life. Three months ago I started keeping a food diet and began adding friends, not to lose weight, but to keep my brain from sabotaging my efforts.

Anyone here is welcome to add me.